Can I borrow a calorie?

Options
Rocked an 1800 kcal deficit yesterday and knocked out 5 miles this morning. Ready for a round of golf, a few beers, and a burger and dog guilt free today!

What do you borrow calories for the day before or after?

Replies

• kethry70
    kethry70 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Meh. Neither... It's more of a weekly thing. As long as I am close or a little under my goal most days, I eat closer to maintenance (or even a tad over) on the weekends. What I care about is that my weekly number is close to goal. Works for me :bigsmile:
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    I never use exercise as a way to eat more. For me, it starts to make working out feel like punishment for food. I look at my weekly totals and make the numbers work. Not saying your way is wrong, I just don't agree.
  • Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    I steal my wife's when she's not looking.
  • Ohwhynot
    Ohwhynot Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Beer and chicken wings with bleu cheese!!!
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Wine and pizza
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Rocked an 1800 kcal deficit yesterday and knocked out 5 miles this morning. Ready for a round of golf, a few beers, and a burger and dog guilt free today!

I'm actually able to have burgers, beers and hot dogs guilt free anytime without trying to offset it with exercise since I have a healthy relationship with food
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    I never use exercise as a way to eat more. For me, it starts to make working out feel like punishment for food. I look at my weekly totals and make the numbers work. Not saying your way is wrong, I just don't agree.

^THIS!

I find that exercise "so I can eat more" is a very negative way of looking at it and can lead to an unhealthy relationship with food and exercise.

Just take it day, by day. don't kick yourself if you go over, just don't do it too often. Exercise for health and fitness, not so you can eat more. That's just silly.
  • JGonzo82
    JGonzo82 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    beer festival tomorrow! gonna be a carb bomb!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

I'm actually able to have burgers, beers and hot dogs guilt free anytime without trying to offset it with exercise since I have a healthy relationship with food

What the heck does that mean?
  • Acg67
    Options

It would seem to imply that feeling guilty about eating foods without offsetting it with a bunch of exercise is an unhealthy way of thinking about food.
  • bcattoes
    Options

It would seem to imply that feeling guilty about eating foods without offsetting it with a bunch of exercise is an unhealthy way of thinking about food.

Making sure you burn enough calories to offest what you intake is not an unhealthy way of thinking of about food.
  • Acg67
    Options

Making sure you burn enough calories to offest what you intake is not an unhealthy way of thinking of about food.

And if you did not, feeling guilty about it? Sounds perfectly reasonable right? God forbid one should be in a surplus one day
  • bcattoes
    Options

And if you did not, feeling guilty about it? Sounds perfectly reasonable right? God forbid one should be in a surplus one day

A little guilt at overeating doesn necessarily mean a poor relationship with food either. And not feeling guilty on surplus days doesn't really equate to having "burgers, beers and hot dogs guilt free anytime ".

But, then again, I don' tthink the OP suggested he felt guilty every time he was in a surplus.