My Goals

Options
To everyone this is a 1 day at a time thing so don't give up.
I started November 1st at 203 lbs.
My target is 160 lbs.
I'm missing my sweets.

Replies

• hozik
    hozik Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I've struggled for years to control my intake of sweets. My new strategy is to try to plan them into my daily calories and to only eat a small portion(about 100 cals). Also, I save it to eat just before bed with my evening tea. If I eat sweets earlier in the day, it sets me up to crave them all day. One area I have had success in is to only eat sweets I really like-the calories have to be worth it. Preferably homemade and fresh or from an awesome bakery. I have a favorite brand of dark chocolate, too. If it isn't "calorie worthy" I toss it. The old me would have snarfed down any treat.
    Good luck to you in your quest for health!
  • HerbieSue
    Options
    Good point, we didn't put it all on in one day, so it will take time to come off. After you keep logging in your sweets and see how many calories and sugar they add, you may not miss them so much!!
  • maurap26
    maurap26 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I started on Sept.29 at 231 lb. I've lost 7lb. in 5 weeks. (I was doing it on my own before I joined this site) Right now the sugar cravings aren't as bad as they were in the beginning & I allow myself to have something under 100 calories in the evening. Small suckers are only 20 cal. !! I have the suckers in the house but I haven't had any yet.

I'm in this for the long haul so I'm thinking the sugar cravings will lesson after some more time
    Let's hope anyway :)