a guide to drinking on your diet?

Options

Replies

• VampireMilk
    VampireMilk Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I appreciate all the responses, thanks for all the tips everyone.
  • JeffInJax
    JeffInJax Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    If im going out, its easiest for me to just hit the cardio kind of hard and create a larger deficit to be safe. Otherwise i only do cardio when i feel like it and stick to lifting.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    you are a 22 year old male. you shouldn't be eating under 1400 calories. you should be eating over 2200 calories, and trying to squat your body weight.
  • mkflores7035
    Options
    If I know i'm going out, I will try and work out more. and save few calories. AND DANCE DANCE DANCE...that helps shed while your drinking, plus I end up drinking water between songs. BUT you can maintain before or after....gotta live life
  • VampireMilk
    VampireMilk Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I don't really know anything about strength training, are there any useful websites that could tell me where to go and what exercises to do?
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    You're under eating if you're under 1400 and you're male.. what?

That said, here's how I fit in drinking:

-Eat on the low end of what I would normally have that day (so, if lunch is normally 500-600 calories, pack something more like 500 calories). This gives me about 200 cals to play with
    -Save a few calories from the days before. Eating 50 cals under for 4 days is another 200 cals to play with.
    -Exercise the day of the drinking. +200 cals.

Total, a little planning can give me 600 cals to play with for drinks, which is usually more than enough.
  • WrkinProg55
    WrkinProg55 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    In my experience and opinion if your diet and exercise is really restricting and strict you're more likely to fail. I give myself two days a week to be more relaxed on my eating regiment. I drink, have pizza if I want ( a slice not 5) without that to look forward to I think I would have already given up. I don't lose wight as fast doing that, but slow and steady I think really works in the long run. I average losing a pound a week and i drink every weekend. Hope that is helpful.
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    Light or clear alcohol typically has less calories, also the higher the proof the less you have to drink, which could mean less calories...

Use google, there's a multitude of charts out that compare things like calories to alcohol content per oz.

Also, I'm in favor of reevaluating your calorie target, as 1300 is low for most people anyway, if you're a somewhat active early-mid 20s, you're probably going to need to eat more than that anyway.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    I don't really know anything about strength training, are there any useful websites that could tell me where to go and what exercises to do?

www.stronglifts.com
    google starting strength
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    parks-clearalcohol.gif
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was my friends 21st birthday so we went out for drinks, needless to say I cheated on my diet through the calorie intake from the achohol. I was just wondering if there was any way to be able to go out and drink with my friends while maintaining my 1390 calorie diet. I know they have light beers with 64 calories, but I'm really talking about stronger drinks.

giphy.gif

You have confessed to high treason of your weight loss journey. The sentence if FAT! May IIFYM have mercy upon your wretched, booze-addled soul!

Srsly, you should distill cauliflower before you ever consider 64 calorie beer.
  • QueenOSpades
    QueenOSpades Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Vodka + Club Soda + Mio
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options

The Eat-Train-Progress group here on MFP is great for this kind of info...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/10118-eat-train-progress
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Srsly, you should distill cauliflower before you ever consider 64 calorie beer.

I'm surprised no-one has suggested that yet...

I don't have good advice, booze wise, I like ale and lager. I plan for that pretty well, but not the chips on the way home.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Eat more foodz and lift the heavy things. Drink within your calorie limit which should be at least 1800.
  • netanyel
    netanyel Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Very instructive.
  • cmr4122
    cmr4122 Posts: 3
    Options
    I try to stay with vodka since it has less sugar. I'll go with vodka club soda and limit myself to two-- not my most favorite drink but I'd rather look great in a bathing suit than drink. Also, I don't drink during the week and add in extra exercise on the day that I plan on drinking.