Help

Options
So I have been having a lot of trouble getting my 1200 lately. I feel full all the time and I end up eating because I know I should and not because I am hungry. I only lost about 5 lbs and then gained one back and I have now been at the EXACT same weight for like a week and it is driving me nuts, I excercise almost every day and I make myself get my 1200 even though I'm not hungry because I don't eant to end up in starvation mode. I am eating healthy foods, too. Lots of veggies and fruits, baked chicken breasts, lean boneless pork chops, lots of water and milk with no soda, breakfast every day, and etc. I'm never going to make my goal if I can't get myself jumpstarted again! HELP!!!

Replies

• ferb55
    ferb55 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Try eating all your calories for a couple days, then go back to just eating when your hungry. Hopefully it will jump start it again! :)
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    You need to eat a minimum of 1200 calories/day. Try drinking milk or having a piece of cheese, or a handful of almonds. Something good for you but high in calories will help you. Oh and peanut butter :smile:
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    When I first started on MFP I quickly realized that my problem was that I was not eating enough, by far. I would starve all day then go home and munch before dinner because I was hungry, eat a full dinner, then munch away in the evening. My body just got used to what I had done for years so I was never hungry during the day. Although I was not getting anywhere near 1200 calories all of my consumption would be at night, right up to the time I went to bed.
    It took me months of forcing myself to eat the majority of my food during the day before my body clicked into gear and I actually felt hungry. Now I wake up hungry, just like you should.
    Yes, you will have to force yourself to eat more until your body starts to run more efficiently the way it should.
    It took me the first 6 months, or so, to hone my skills in this area before I started to see steady losses each week. Be patient with yourself and give yourself time to adjust. Don't get discouraged and keep plugging away, you will find what works for you through trial and error.