• SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Cheez-Its

CICO
  • benaddict
    benaddict Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    I like the Blue Diamond Pecan Nut-Thins. Not sure how they compare nutritionally to Wheat Thins.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I kind of stopped reading at "bad things... I stopped eating red meat"

and I was just sad for you.

I'd replace my wheat thins with a side of steak honestly.

Otherwise- popcorn- and veggie sticks.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I like the Blue Diamond Pecan Nut-Thins. Not sure how they compare nutritionally to Wheat Thins.

Oh, I don't know either but they are really delicious!
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy wheat thins. I get the low sodium version - I didn't realize they were unhealthy.........

Other options:

Popcorn. Jolly Time or Jiffy (can't remember) makes 100 calorie bags - it's a LOT of popcorn (I can't finish a bag alone).
    Pirate's Booty - the white cheddar is really good. 1oz - 130 calories
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Roasted cauliflower? I love cold garbanzo beans with cumin, paprika and sometimes garlic. Carrot and raisin salad?
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    Half the serving of wheat thins.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    When I started losing weight I basically just began to gradually take away all the bad foods. For the first month I ate anything I wanted so long as I stayed within my calorie limit. Slowly and surely I got rid of almost all the bad things in my diet. After a year I no longer drink soda, I don't eat red meat, and I have increase fruit and veggie consumption quite a bit.

My daily meals consist of a turkey wrap with chipolte mayo with a side of Wheat Thins (spicy buffalo). I will sometimes eat this exact same meal three times a day. Lately I have mixed things up a bit by making some turkey burgers with sweet potato fries and some other things but I feel like I am eating way too many wheat thins a day. I am still losing weight so its not like its stopping me there, but I kind of want to start weening myself off the wheat thins and all the salt they bring to my diet.

So I usually have about 280 calories of wheat thins with each meal. Can anyone recommend something filling around that same amount of calories that I can substitute for wheat thins?

These wheat thins are the last unhealthy thing left in my diet and I want to get off of them but its hard to find something as satisfying.

Ryvita @ 50 calories each and very filling, even low in sodium.
  • NewMnky1
    NewMnky1 Posts: 264
    Options
    Triscuts Brown Rice Crackers - Sour Cream and Chive are amazing. And Wheat Thins Flatbreads Tuscan Herb are amazing with hummas or on their own. You don't need to cut out, maybe just cut down or try something different.
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    If you enjoy the wheat thins, and your diet consists of mostly whole and nutrient dense foods (what I mean by this is that the 280 calories of wheat thins are not robbing you of adequate nutrient intake by displacing nutritious foods), and the wheat thins are not preventing you from reaching your weight/body composition goals, then why exactly are you trying to eliminate them?

I'm sensing some clean eating predilections in the OP that are probably worthy of discussion, but as a starting point...
    I am still losing weight so its not like its stopping me there, but I kind of want to start weening myself off the wheat thins and all the salt they bring to my diet.

Let's just say he's trying to reduce sodium for health reasons :) Of course, the importance of sodium reduction is a subject in itself.
  • happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Why you hatin on Wheat Thins? :sad:
    I love them too, but now I buy the "fake" ones from Dollar Tree... "Busy Baker" brand I think. They are 10 cal each piece so it's easy to calculate calories, don't know if they are less or more calories than Wheat Thins. I'd say just limit yourself to ONE serving per day, and enjoy them! I consider them healthy, don't know why you need to eliminate them completely.
  • LianaG1115
    LianaG1115 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    OMG I can't tell you when the last time it was that I ate a wheat thin!! :o( I MISS CRACKERS!! GRRRRrrr
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options

This - I've been down that road too many times, whether its low GI or other fad diets - switching to (shudder!) Molson 67 instead of real beer. :sad: In the long run depriving yourself is unsustainable. Variety is the spice of life and depriving yourself of that variety is depressing and soul destroying.

Eat within your bodies needs (TDEE) and don't sweat the occasional overage.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    Oh man , Buffalo wheat thins....
    So bomb. I just bought 6 boxes. Nom Nom.
  • happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Sundried Tomato Basil Wheat Thins are the best, especially with neufchatel or cottage cheese.
  • DataSeven
    DataSeven Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    http://www.ryvita.com/en-ca/products/snackbread/original

I have started to eat these things with hummus as a snack, and they're great. Only 20 cal for a large rectangle snackbread, 3 pieces for 60 calories. They're a lot larger than you might think.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

This - I've been down that road too many times, whether its low GI or other fad diets - switching to (shudder!) Molson 67 instead of real beer. :sad: In the long run depriving yourself is unsustainable. Variety is the spice of life and depriving yourself of that variety is depressing and soul destroying.

Eat within your bodies needs (TDEE) and don't sweat the occasional overage.

omg really? Molson?

I'm sad for you!!!! WHY!!!! LOL

BEER!! ALL THE BEER!
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    I personally like Food Should Taste Good chips. Specifically their sweet potato and multigrain tortilla chips. They really hit the spot and are 140 calories for a serving.
  • ninja8tofu
    ninja8tofu Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    This thread is making me want steak and crackers. I'm going to have to go back to the store and buy all the crackers mentioned.
  • WestonFirm
    Options
    A California law firm is investigating whether the claims regarding the healthfulness of Jolly Time Healthy Pop Popcorn are accurate. If you have information or would like more information please contact Greg Weston at greg@westonfirm.com.

Advertisement