Injured achilles....

Options
Somehow yesterday during my walk/jog, I hurt my achilles tendon. It is sore to walk, tender to the touch and a little swollen. (Insert big pouty face.) :angry:

I've never done this before.

Any suggestions on how long I have to take it easy on it? I am still going to do my circuit tonight but wondering about the treadmill. I've been building up endurance and the thought of having to back off is killing me but I don't want to injure it further.

Replies

• MagnumBurrito
    MagnumBurrito Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    This sucks, but it sounds like you slightly tore it. See a doc. Don't workout on it.
  • ayalowich
    ayalowich Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I highly doubt you tore anything. I've torn my achilles and it is not something you would forget. Mine was sore off and on for 6 months while running, but playing basketball is what finally did the deed. Surgery the very next day and then 3-4 months of rehab. The good news is that after the surgery I was good for 17 years and never gave it a thought. But unfortunately the last year it has gotten very sore again and I limp a bit after getting up in the morning or walking short distances until the tendon lengthens and gets some blood flow. Then it is fine.

You may have strained it, but I agree that you should see an orthopedist and let them give you a professional opinion