Anyone Have Trouble Conceiving Before Weight Loss?

Options
thelowcarblady
thelowcarblady Posts: 137 Member
Hi there,

I am just curious -- did anyone have trouble getting pregnant before losing weight?

The reason I ask is because my SO and I have been "not trying, not preventing" for almost a year now, but I am 200ish pounds, and my healthy weight should be between 130-145 so I know I have a fairly decent amount of weight to lose to get to that point. I just haven't gotten pregnant yet, and although i know everyone is different -- my mom was like super fertile and so is my only full blood sister, both getting preggers on the like first try each time....

Anyways, I have not been to a doctor yet to verify -- but I think i might have a hormone imbalance as my cycles are almost 30+ days and they vary quite often...def not like clockwork. Also, my SO and I have always been pretty frequent with le sexytimes so I know when really trying you should probably not have sex like everyday but we usually end up having sex like 4-5x a week at least lol :bigsmile: :blushing: ...i also don't exactly sit there for a while afterwards either so that also hurts chances....

anyways, I have researched hormone imbalances and I have a lot of symptoms like foggy-headedness, being really tired, and several others. All research ive done does say that weight loss and eating better and exercise all help chances of increasing fertility, so I know I must try these much more intensely before I just go to the doctor and have them prescribe me some pill that Im sure my body doesn't need to take or just "mask" an underlying problem or something. I really have to try before I just give up on conceiving naturally without medical help.

Anyways, sorry for the book lol, I was just curious how many other women out there had trouble conceiving but was finally able to get pregnant after exercising/losing weight/eating better?

Thanks in advance! :flowerforyou: