Zombie apocalypse... fight or flee

Options
RavenLibra
RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
SO.. with the pending Zombie apocalypse it occurred to me that one can train for two outcomes.. fight (strength training) or Flee (Endurance training)... which is better.. and why? I am asking for opinions from the far end of each spectrum given that obviously a median balanced regime would probably be the best.. BUT there are cardio fanatics and strength fanatics... SO.. IN an all out walking dead world.. who wins... the marathoner or the body builder? WHO inherits the earth ( considering that the zombies are the ultimate losers)

Replies

• sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    All I know is that I'm going to flee to the military base in town and pray to the lordy up above that they'll be able to defend me lol

So I guess for me it's flee/endurance.
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I'm training for both lol. You need to be able to run away, but to fight if the situation arises.

I was actually talking to my friends about this before. Imagine a body builder was turned into a zombie. That could be even more lethal.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mp9upqPYX71qkt131o2_250.gif
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Not going to worry about it. Much more chance of my life being ended by a texting driver than a pretend monster.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Both. While fleeing is the easiest way to remove yourself from danger, you'll still need strength in case you have to defend yourself if you get trapped or if you have to climb things to escape.
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    BUT, from a nutrition standpoint... given that food would become scarce... are you going to want to carry extra bulk? ... and as an addendum what zombie scenario is more likely? walking dead shufflers? or World war Z fast movers?