Walking Away the Ponds. How many calories burned?

countrygirl75
countrygirl75 Posts: 112 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
I am starting to do the walking at home dvd's I was wondering how many calories are burned. I looked on the site but could not find anything. Please help I am at 245 lbs so I am looking to do my exercises right thanks.....:bigsmile:

Replies

• Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Wouldn't it go under "walking" in the database?? I suppose you would have to know about how fast you are walking... ?
  • angisnee
    angisnee Posts: 236 Member
    I've done a few of the Walk Away the Pounds videos since I got my heart rate monitor. What I found was that if I'm really working hard and not just going thru the motions, but really trying to do the moves right and work as hard as I can, I burn around 400 calories in 30 minutes. (I currently weigh 210.) But if I'm not paying attention to what I'm doing, it's been as low as 250 in 30 minutes. It really varies person to person and day to day unfortunately. But that might help with your estimate a little. I found that my HRM was a really good investment. I use the Polar F6 (around $100 on Amazon) and absolutely love it.
  • twnzmom
    twnzmom Posts: 182 Member
    Are you doing Leslie Sansone, if so I log it under walking 4.0 mph because its suppose to be a 12 minute mile. You could also wear a HRM if you have one. Good Luck.
  • edemair
    edemair Posts: 9 Member
    Buy a heart rate monitor watch. (make sure it has a chest strap)! Set it to your sex age weight and low fitness level. It will tell you exactly how many calories you burn no matter what you do. $50.00 @ Wal-mart. WELL worth the money.
  • countrygirl75
    countrygirl75 Posts: 112 Member
    Thanks I looked at getting a HRM....I will have to look at that, I was also told that it was listed as low impact aerobics..
This discussion has been closed.