I have a skinny boyfriend

Options
13»

Replies

• mfp2014mfp
    mfp2014mfp Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I am 216 pounds at 5'6". My amazing other half is 145 pounds at 5'5".
    Sometimes I feel myself being completely uncomfortable with this.
    I love my boyfriend more than ANYTHING. He has always been there to support me and will love me no matter what size I am at.
    I was just wondering if anyone else has this issue... and do you have a problem with it.
    I know all of this is probably just in my head but I feel huge next to him and I find myself being totally self conscious of this in public..... HELP!

What exactly is the issue?
    What excatly do you have a problem with?
    It sounds to me lke the problem is you and your attitude towards your body.
    If thats the case youre in the right place to do something about it, but dont make it about him. That wont end well.
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Soooooo a thread about women who steal their boyfriends food? I kid I kid.
    Lol! Like your style! :bigsmile:
  • LC458
    LC458 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    My fiance was 150lbs at 6'1 when we met and after 5 years and A LOT of my cooking he is a healthy 180lbs ;)

Feed your men ladies, feed them a lot and often!!

make-me-a-sandwich-woman.jpg
  • LC458
    LC458 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Was opposite for me, I was over 250 at max slob weight, my wife was about 135 and stays there pretty rock steady. I was in really good shape when we were dating and when we got married. She never said anything about my weight when I was heavy :huh: , but I know she's happier now with me being healthy again! Awesome woman, what can I say and I love her for that! That and she is smoking hot!!! :love:

Can you talk to my man? lol While he has put on weight and needed to do so he insists he wants to gain more and it aint muscle he's talking about. He made the remark the other day saying it was his goal- "I'll be one of those men who have the fit wife and I'll be the extra large husband" Really?? Why? Nooooo!! I want the fit hubby too!!
    I'm sensing some much needed "acceptance" in my future :sad:
  • Sunitagt
    Sunitagt Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I think if y'all love each other, it shouldn't really matter.

This!

My husband was about 225 when I started in on this journey, and I was 299. He's just under 6' and I'm 5'6-7 (depending on the dr's office apparently..) so I've always felt weird and uncomfortable being so huge compared to him. But I love him so I tried not to make a big deal out of it and act like it never mattered. It never mattered to him. Now I'm at 222 and he's at 206, and I still feel big, but mentally it helps knowing I'm almost to weighing less than him!
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    My husband USED to be skinner than me, but now he's larger than what I ever was. My son on the other hand was always skinner than me.... till now.

Does it make me love them any less? Did it make them love me any less? It's a size, not a person
  • k_shooshooter
    k_shooshooter Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    When my boyfriend and I started dating, he was about 130 at 5'8" and I was 180 also at 5'8". Now were both up about 50 lbs (That's why I'm here). He holds all of his weight in his gut...he's built like Popeye...I fell for the forearms Haha.

When we first started dating it felt a little weird mostly because of the height...my last boyfriend was 6'5". But I've been with this guy for 6 years now...Our biggest issue is getting him to wear boots out so I can wear heels and not tower over him.

We still love each other no matter what. Our only deal breakers are him going bald or me to stop shaving my legs :laugh:
  • RachelSugarChaos
    Options
    My boyfriend wishes he was 145 lbs. I am 5'6 and currently 154 lbs (started at 196 lbs) and he is 6' 125 lbs (started at 115 lbs). We don't care though, we both love each other and find the other incredibly attractive :D

Aww. That last sentence is WONDERFUL.
  • Bella_12356
    Options
    My boyfriend is 6'1 and maybe 170-180 lbs, but he looks very skinny, one of the things I hate most about my weight is that I am bigger than him :( He eats soooo much and gets away with it, I mean the amounts of food he will eat on a daily basis still blows my mind. I have suffered from binge eating disorder binged on copious amounts of food and it's still less than his typical eating. I don't know how he does it.
  • 143Meowww
    143Meowww Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am 216 pounds at 5'6". My amazing other half is 145 pounds at 5'5".
    Sometimes I feel myself being completely uncomfortable with this.
    I love my boyfriend more than ANYTHING. He has always been there to support me and will love me no matter what size I am at.
    I was just wondering if anyone else has this issue... and do you have a problem with it.
    I know all of this is probably just in my head but I feel huge next to him and I find myself being totally self conscious of this in public..... HELP!

What exactly is the issue?
    What excatly do you have a problem with?
    It sounds to me lke the problem is you and your attitude towards your body.
    If thats the case youre in the right place to do something about it, but dont make it about him. That wont end well.

First I want to say thank you to everyone who responded. It is so nice to know that I am NOT alone. :)

Yes, my problem is my attitude toward my own body.
    I want to loose weight so that I will feel better about myself. I want to have more energy and be healthy again.

Two years ago I went through a separation from my husband and we are still in court over the divorce. My ex was 6'10" and about 280 pounds. When I met my boyfriend now I was not looking at his outside appearance. We honesly started as only friends and we got closer and are now together. I love him so much and I could not ask for a better man in my life but I am just having a hard time getting over how large I feel around him. He is half the size of man I was with for over 10 years.

We have talked about it and he knows that it makes me self conscious. I don't let it get in the way of us living our lives. I don't make my feelings about him. I know they are in my head. I wrote the post to see if there are other women out there who have gone through similar things and feelings. I wanted advice on how you delt with them and suggestions on how I can get over them.

Anyways, THANK you again to everyone who replied. Just the fact that so many people have had the same feelings was a relief. Hey, I might even be smaller than he is one day. :flowerforyou:
  • ncl1313
    ncl1313 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I'm am 5'4 (on a good day) at about 219 lbs right now. I was 185 lbs when I got married to my 6'3 170 lbs husband. So, he's always been thinner than I am, but he truly doesn't care. His in-laws "joke" that I eat all his food. He's just got one of those super speedy metabolisms combined with a very active job and I have thyroid issues and a desk job. I work very hard to watch every mouthful of food while he eats entire bags of M&Ms without a thought. Once I got over my jealousy of this fact, and he started to eat the M&Ms at work instead of in front of me, we've had no issues. It also took a bit to get him accustomed to not getting me food as gifts (that one was really tough).

As far as the judgement from others, let's just say I'm trying (this is a work in progress). The first step is realizing that maybe they aren't actually judging, or even looking for that matter. Most of the world doesn't give a crap what I'm doing. The second step is deciding that even if they are looking and judging, I can choose not to care. My motivation for losing weight more has to do with wanting to be more active, healthier, and less lazy, and less to do with public perception. Judgey people are judgey people. and if they don't judge us for our weight discrepancy, they'll just find something else not to like...our age difference, our tattoos, our clothing choices, whatever. They can suck it.
  • thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend wishes he was 145 lbs. I am 5'6 and currently 154 lbs (started at 196 lbs) and he is 6' 125 lbs (started at 115 lbs). We don't care though, we both love each other and find the other incredibly attractive :D
    6' 125 lbs?

I bet he enjoys having you around to be able to lift things and open jars for him.

Make him some food my goodness!
  • C81J03M
    C81J03M Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of these concerns stem from society's expectations of how men and women are "supposed" to look. Most guys, I'm sure, if asked, would tell you that they don't mind at all. Some even find it sexy if their significant other weighs more than them. I'm a fairly skinny guy, at 5'8'' and 140 lbs. My fiancee is two inches shorter than me and roughly 50 lbs heavier. I love her body and I think we both do a pretty good job of letting each other know we find each other sexy.