Muscle Twitches

Options
BigT555
BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
Anyone know what causes muscle twitches and how to prevent them, either presently (as in make them stop right meow) or in the future?

My right thigh has been twitching just above my knee for the past 3 hours non-stop and it is PISSING ME OFF. It more than likely has something to do with the fact that i had to do hack squats instead of regular ones yesterday due to the power cage being used, i sure felt a big difference after the workout compared to my usual routine. Google isn't much help on this one

Thanks in advance

Replies

• madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    I would check with your doctor or do the research yourself but here's what I know personally about my muscle twitches. They happen persistantly when I'm fatigued and my potassium is low. I take a potasium supliment nad put some icy hot on it and I'm right as rain. You probably iritated it by having to do crap squats.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    Usually from not enough water, too much sodium, and/or tight muscles.
    Check Youtube for thigh stretches.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Maybe you're low in magnesium, potassium and/or B-Vitamins.

But if it persists, get it checked out by a neurologist. Sometimes these things are benign, but best to be sure.
  • Dogwalkingirl
    Dogwalkingirl Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I get this ALLLL the time after I do strength workouts. I should probably eat more bananas I have heard it helps as well as magnesium suppliments which others have suggested.
  • Sam_I_Am77
    Sam_I_Am77 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Options
    It happens, if it's accompanied by pain a doctor could be a good idea. Otherwise... eat, hydrate, sleep, stretch, and include self-myofacial release in your stretching.