Small seedless watermelon

Options
Hey, just curious....I just bought one of those small seendless watermelons...chopped it up and have it in my frig' chillin'. Are these like generic watermelons or something? A genetic alteration or something....the watermelons I'm used to are huge, lighter green in color (on the outside) and with seeds....These new ones taste really good....but are they good for me?

:ohwell:

Replies

• jaxkipi
    jaxkipi Posts: 233
    Options
    Hey, just curious....I just bought one of those small seendless watermelons...chopped it up and have it in my frig' chillin'. Are these like generic watermelons or something? A genetic alteration or something....the watermelons I'm used to are huge, lighter green in color (on the outside) and with seeds....These new ones taste really good....but are they good for me?

:ohwell:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    hmmm good question...I think so! they may be grown a different way or just a hybrid....but I would say yes.....because 1. I like them too, and 2. I'm a "positive" thinking LOL....

now I'll be checking for the folks w/ real sense to answer!! :ohwell:

hugs!
    ali
  • DBranchaud
    DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    In my opinion( which isn't much) It's watermelon. Just smaller
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Could be a "Sugar Baby" watermelon--they're small, round, very dark green, seedless, and a little sweeter tasting than regular watermelons.
  • jaxkipi
    jaxkipi Posts: 233
    Options
    Could be a "Sugar Baby" watermelon--they're small, round, very dark green, seedless, and a little sweeter tasting than regular watermelons.

Yup, that's it. Thanks everyone for the replies. :drinker: