From last summer to today (what a difference w/ pics)

Options
0134bdce-ba7b-43cd-bdf6-2592cf94bb37_zps3c451407.jpg

20142014_zpsaeb1fae6.jpg

This time last summer I was unhappy, unhealthy and completely miserable. I didn't love or respect myself or my decisions and I didn't really care if I lived. It took some a major wake up call for the real me to wake up and take action. Very few people know this but I'm going to put it out there because you never know who could be in the same situation as I was in. Last May I was on the brink of suicide. After 10 years in an abusive relationship and numbing myself with food and self hate, you can only be told your worthless, lazy and ugly so many times before you start to believe it yourself, multiply that by 10 years. All this added up to me not caring what happened to my future and I mentally checked out. I think I hid my real self to protect myself from further harm. It got to the point where I didn't know who I was or what I wanted in life and at that time I didn't care if I lived any more. In fact I didn't want to live the way I was I felt everyone would be better off without me.

Fast forward a year and I'm now happily divorced and in a relationship with an amazing guy, whom some of you have met! I have never been happier! I'm to the point now where when I look in the mirror I see me and not the person I was. I have passion and I have plans for my future, things I never thought I would have again. It takes courage to face your fears and to get over obstacles that you never thought you were capable of conquering but sometimes you have to push yourself past your comfort zone in order to reach that finish line, even if you can't see it! If I can take back my life then what's stopping you from taking back yours?

Thank you all for all your support and prayers!

Replies

• laban1ca
    laban1ca Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Nice job :)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your inspiring and courageous story. Be happy!
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    zoey-deschanel-new-girl-funny-confidence.gif
  • mary659497
    mary659497 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    You look happy and healthy.
  • Margaret179
    Margaret179 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on finding yourself, you're beautiful inside and out.
  • sfsoccermom2
    sfsoccermom2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful on the inside and outside. Thank you so much for this inspirational post. I am glad you are finding the happiness you so deserve.
  • catb58
    catb58 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing! What a difference a year makes!!

Great job :flowerforyou:
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Awesome job ....... you are rocking this !
  • cryptonyt
    cryptonyt Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job! You look great!!!
  • CountryGirl8542
    CountryGirl8542 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!! So inspiring! Thanks for sharing :)
  • JennyBilyeu
    JennyBilyeu Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm so in tears!! What an amazing accomplishment...in both aspects of your life. What a gift you are to so many who think they can't do it, because you did!! You are a true inspiration, especially to me, as I am about your before size. I am so proud for you!! Talk about a "welcome to your new life" moment!! Keep it up! You're amazing!!
  • Joyfulkneves23
    Joyfulkneves23 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazing. Congratulation on your hard work and success. I am glad that you finally found true happiness :)
  • Acacia2India
    Acacia2India Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome!
  • 1HappyRedhead
    1HappyRedhead Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! SO brave of you to share with us, thank you.... wishing you only the best from this point forward! :flowerforyou:
  • kdeanosu
    kdeanosu Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! I'm happy for all the positive changes you made in your life :-) You look FANTASTIC!!
  • bciloveme2014
    bciloveme2014 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look great.
  • violetbluemornings
    violetbluemornings Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! So happy you left that monster and turn things around for yourself. You deserve happiness :-)
  • 347Gigi
    347Gigi Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    It is so great to see such a wonderful, inspiring transformation inside and outside!!! :smile:
  • sjbtiger
    sjbtiger Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You have improved your life and your future in so many wonderful ways. Good luck to you!
  • Macyfiinks
    Macyfiinks Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! That's AMAZING! You're such a strong person and a great inspiration. Thank you for sharing your story. It is definitely motivating!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!