Cottage Cheese

Options
mybutterflower
mybutterflower Posts: 90 Member
I had cottage cheese with tuna in a wheat pita last night and forgot how good that stuff can be! Am I the only one out here who likes cottage cheese? What other ways do you like to prepare it?

Replies

• briteyes
    briteyes Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    i love it, but i usually just eat it plain.
  • kianaik
    kianaik Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I add unsweetened applesauce and cinnamon. A lot of times I add bran to that mix as well to increase my fiber.
  • championnfl
    championnfl Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    you won't believe this,.....like it with brown rice & salsa![mixes]:wink:
  • literaryshots
    literaryshots Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I melt it on my baked potato.
  • jcanant
    Options
    Mmm..that sounds yummy! I like mine with pineapple!
  • crjugrl
    crjugrl Posts: 172
    Options
    All these ideas sound amazing. I've never thought to mix cottage cheese with anything... I've only ever had it on an english muffin with raspberry jelly. I want to try all of these!!
  • Christie23
    Christie23 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I LOVE it with some kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper. I tend to like it more savory rather than sweet. It's also GREAT in place of ricotta in vegetable lasagna or melted into mashed sweet potatoes.
  • Melanie1967
    Melanie1967 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    That's how I like mine, on pineapple! Yummmy!!
  • Meag83
    Meag83 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I never thougt of melting it. I'm so going to try that!! I like mine with fruit! I should eat it more.
  • jesuiseval
    Options
    I treat it like sour cream. I treat sour cream like cheese. I treat cheese like salt. I salt anything that's not sweet. You get the idea... LOL I :heart: Cottage Cheese!
  • nellajane24
    nellajane24 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    i LOVE the stuff! i add either chunks of pinapple, or i add strawberries, sliced banana( 1/2 of banana), 1/2 cup cottage cheese, and 1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt and mix it up. quite good !
  • caribeals
    caribeals Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    :smile: i love it mixed with rice and salsa too!! i will put it on a wedge of lettuce in place of a regular 'ol salad. (but no dressing!!)
  • frogmama
    frogmama Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I usually mix mine with strawberries or pineapple. Sometimes I mix it with sweetener and cinnamon and pretend I am eating cheesecake! LOL
  • kuntrygurl
    Options
    I treat it like sour cream. I treat sour cream like cheese. I treat cheese like salt. I salt anything that's not sweet. You get the idea... LOL I :heart: Cottage Cheese!

This made me LOL! I like mine with pineapples or blueberries, or plain...
  • ♥jewelchristian♥
    ♥jewelchristian♥ Posts: 3,666 Member
    Options
    With mango.
    With salt & pepper
    With ranch dressing
  • brookeybaby_00
    brookeybaby_00 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I love it on toast with blackberry jam!
  • jesuiseval
    Options
    I almost never have it with anything sweet because I just skip to the dark chocolate instead but BLUEBERRIES!? YUM! I'm gonna try that asap!

This made me LOL! I like mine with pineapples or blueberries, or plain...
  • verticalvirg
    Options
    I like mixing it with yogurt, or eating it with pineapple. I don't really like the taste of cottage cheese, so I need to do something to cover it up.
  • Bigpelly8
    Bigpelly8 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    the thought of it always creeped me out? Can you compare the taste to anything?
  • VBos
    VBos Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    deffinitly w/ strawberries!
    and i'll use it on my salads instead of dressing.