30 pounds in 10 weeks, resonable?

Options
JennArlen
JennArlen Posts: 32 Member
Hey everyone! I was just curious how long it took you to lose 30 pounds and what you did to achieve it? Im wanting to lose 33 more pounds by my 30th birthday, and thats approx. 10 weeks away!

Replies

• Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Is it possible? Yes. Is it a safe thing to do? No.

I'm a July baby too. But I set my goal for Halloween, because for me it will come back on if I try to lose it too fast.
  • blb85
    blb85 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    30 lbs in 10 weeks would equate to 3 bls a week... That's approximately 10,500 calorie deficit a week you would need to have (3,500 calories is approximately 1 lb); which is a 1,500 calorie deficit a day. I'm not sure what you weigh or how much your metabolism burns a day... But I would be very scared to try this!

Instead, focus on long-term goals by starting a healthy lifestyle now or focus on losing some inches in 10 weeks (which is probably more what you want anyways). Measure yourself today, start eating clean and working-out, then measure yourself in 10 weeks!
  • kateauch
    kateauch Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    That's over 3 pounds a week. Is it feasible? Yes. Is it healthy, safe or sustainable? Definitely not.

Regardless of deadlines you set, it's accomplishing the main goal of weight loss that matters. Motivation will get you started. Habit and discipline will keep you going. Consistency will equal results.

If you start today, you'll still probably be lighter by your birthday so go for it! Have a realistic plan in mind though. And keep on keepin on no matter what the scale says tomorrow, next week, or next month.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!