Kids- they make me proud because...

Options
awomaninsane
awomaninsane Posts: 75 Member
This may be of no interest to anyone else but i could literally explode right now.

Got my eldests school report today with her final predictions for her GCSE's. To say i'm not happy is an understatement. 2 B's and the rest A's and A*. I'm bloody ecstatic. Fit to burst <3

Replies

• _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    mulligan.
  • awomaninsane
    Options
    mulligan.

Not sure i quite understand what you mean...
  • _John_
    Options
    mulligan.

Not sure i quite understand what you mean...

golf term for do-over. I decided to not be a *kitten*.
  • awomaninsane
    Options
    Okaaay... So your kid did this and made you proud... And you weren't a *kitten*.. Maybe its the dumb Brit in me but i'm not on your wave length here!
  • _John_
    Options
    Okaaay... So your kid did this and made you proud... And you weren't a *kitten*.. Maybe its the dumb Brit in me but i'm not on your wave length here!

I got that, that's why I edited.

What I posted was totally insensitive towards your pride in your kiddo.
  • awomaninsane
    Options
    Ok. Thanks for editing your post, i would have had to smash your face in if you'd said anything bad!
  • _John_
    Options
    Ok. Thanks for editing your post, i would have had to smash your face in if you'd said anything bad!

I could go back and edit it to original if you'd prefer...

(looks around and wonders why my responses haven't gotten you any more replies)
  • awomaninsane
    Options

Because no-one is proud of their kids? They are all too interested in 'the person above is hot/****/weird/blahblah'
  • Saree1902
    Saree1902 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    This may be of no interest to anyone else but i could literally explode right now.

Got my eldests school report today with her final predictions for her GCSE's. To say i'm not happy is an understatement. 2 B's and the rest A's and A*. I'm bloody ecstatic. Fit to burst <3

That's amazing!!! Well done to your daughter! :flowerforyou:
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options

Just stop already.

My son makes me proud because he has faced so much adversity and he never stops bettering himself. He amazes me every day.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I live in an Arab country and my kids go to Arabic medium schools. Their first language is English, although they've acquired Arabic due to being in Arabic speaking nursery schools. All their subjects are taught in Arabic, except for English.

The older one got "mumtaz" (excellent) in all her subjects and was one of a group of kids who got a special prize for getting "mumtaz" in all their subjects. (the younger one is still in nursery)
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    My son makes me proud because he has faced so much adversity and he never stops bettering himself. He amazes me every day.

That's great, because being able to keep going through adversity is an excellent life skill.
  • wheezeybouncer
    wheezeybouncer Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Well done to everyone's children :)

OK I'm sharing my proud mami moment.

My 8yo donated 8" of her hair to The Little Princess Trust & raised £90 in the process
  • Savlona
    Savlona Posts: 84 Member
    Options

That's a great achievement, especially with all the current political meddling. Time to celebrate!

I'm proud of my boys because at the ages of 6 and 3, they ride their bikes without stabilisers and with good control. We went on a 6 mile family ride on a local bike path last weekend, with no problems at all :)
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,469 Member
    Options

Good move.
  • awomaninsane
    Options
    Thanks for joining in folks! Kids are something special aren't they? My youngest said to me recently that when she grows up she wants to be a lovely mammy like me. Then she asked if she could marry me! Of course i said she could!
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    My daughter is in 2nd grade and is at a 3rd grade math level, 4th grade language arts and 6th grade reading level. She catches on to new concepts super quick and is very smart!

However, she also has a fun sense of humor and is witty and fun - this has earned her the spot of class clown and she drives teacher crazy. She is always down with her work before every other kid in the class, then doesn't seem to have the ability to just sit still and be quiet.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options

Ugh.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options

Because no-one is proud of their kids? They are all too interested in 'the person above is hot/****/weird/blahblah'

No. Just don't feel the need to brag about my child on the internets to strangers.