Nutrition/Fitness Plans website advice

Options
Cliffy94
Cliffy94 Posts: 1,265 Member
Hi everyone,

I hope you are all well and have had a good week. Just after a little feedback and advice.

I'm a qualified personal trainer and my degree is in nutrition, and something I like to do on the side are personalised nutrition and fitness plans for people. I'm going back to university in September to do a Primary PGCE (to become a primary school teacher), so I wont have any source of income, only the odd shift at the gym at weekends to cover for sickness.

Basically I'm toying with the idea of setting up a website for the nutrition/fitness plans, and I have a friend who's a web developer and he's happy to do me a website free of charge. I was just wondering what you guys think I should include on the website, and also what you think I should charge for the plans?

I will be having a testimonial section from clients who I have helped as well as testimonials from doctors/GP's I have worked alongside, as well as a couple of professional sportsmen.

Any info or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• Cliffy94
    Cliffy94 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    bump....anyone?
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Off the top of my head... I wonder if you'd do better with a web site that is free to the reader but pays you through banner ads and such? I read some 'healthy living' blogs with workouts, recipes, fitness advice, etc. and that's how they make their money. I know you didn't say a blog but I'm not sure if the other model would fly, without some novel hook. There's a lot of free stuff out there you'd be competing with. I think a lot of the guys run a free site and sell an ebook for money, so that's another model. Good luck!