Anxiety over clothes issue

kimber607
kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
Hi

I know there is another post about clothes while you're loosing weight
I went to the cheapest places (target, clothes) and bought just a few clearance/sale items to get me by..I'm a sahm so it wasn't too hard
I'm now at my goal weight (25 pounds lost)
I have to go to a wake tonight, so I figured I could find something in my closet
All of my clothes are from before I had kids (size 10..which before I lost weight was VERY snug, but fit)
Now, I'm a loose 5/6 and after trying on everything..I don't know what I was thinking..since everything was clearly a size 10..I have NOTHING to wear tonight and I am home with 2 kids and it's pouring rain
I'm happy but have lots of anxiety over packing away my 'old' clothes and buying new clothes...
I try to stay on a strict budget being a SAHM..how the heck am I going to do this?

Ok, thanks for just letting me vent//breath.....Ommmmm

Kim

Replies

• kimber607
    Hi

I know there is another post about clothes while you're loosing weight
    I went to the cheapest places (target, clothes) and bought just a few clearance/sale items to get me by..I'm a sahm so it wasn't too hard
    I'm now at my goal weight (25 pounds lost)
    I have to go to a wake tonight, so I figured I could find something in my closet
    All of my clothes are from before I had kids (size 10..which before I lost weight was VERY snug, but fit)
    Now, I'm a loose 5/6 and after trying on everything..I don't know what I was thinking..since everything was clearly a size 10..I have NOTHING to wear tonight and I am home with 2 kids and it's pouring rain
    I'm happy but have lots of anxiety over packing away my 'old' clothes and buying new clothes...
    I try to stay on a strict budget being a SAHM..how the heck am I going to do this?

Ok, thanks for just letting me vent//breath.....Ommmmm

Kim
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Okay, this is not me because I am not crafty at all, but is it easy to "take pants in" or make them smaller with a sewing machine?

Do you have a size 5/6 friend that you could borrow something?

Could you go to a thrift store? I go to Goodwill and Savers for clothes sometimes. Some of the clothes still have tags on them! I love thrift stores for the prices, and I feel like I am recycling... My daughter's clothes and toys are mostly thrift, and I get lots of compliments. I get shorts and cute stuff for her for 50 cents to 1 dollar!
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    The tailor at your local dry-cleaner can probably take in your clothes for you for $5-10 per piece, depending on the fabric and type of garment. This is a great way to get "custom-made" clothes or to simply resize a wardrobe of well-made clothes that you like.
  • mkeithley
    mkeithley Posts: 399
    I would call a friend who is roughly about the same size as you ans see if you can borrow something for the wake.
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    The tailor at your local dry-cleaner can probably take in your clothes for you for $5-10 per piece, depending on the fabric and type of garment. This is a great way to get "custom-made" clothes or to simply resize a wardrobe of well-made clothes that you like.

Oh yeah, my aunt had a jacket taken in one size for $5 at her local dry cleaner!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    I would call a friend who is roughly about the same size as you ans see if you can borrow something for the wake.

That's a good idea since the wake is tonight. Otherwise, can you safety pin a skirt & get by with that?
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    skirts or dresses are easier to pin in than pants....if you have any wrap dresses those can be easily pulled in but if not....ya need to either get it tailored or do it yourself....

I feel for you and I hate when nothing fits...either way...although I wish I was in your shoes more so than mine! but that's a whole other story lol

hugs and good luck!
    Ali...sorry for the loss too!
  • kimber607
    Thanks ladies for the support
    Besides the waist being too mug...the front tummy and leg/booty area look ridiculous
    I'm thrilled but have this odd sense of anxiety
    Looks like I may be hitting the dry cleaner today

:)
    Thanks again
    Kim
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    A tasteful black dress, skirt or pants is the kind of garment that is worth splurging on a little, since it's a classic that you can wear on many occasions. And you deserve it, after the hard work you've done!

If the other strategies don't work, just go out and get yourself something. And don't feel guilty about it.
  • mommyskis
    mommyskis Posts: 277 Member
    I just had to buy myself a completely new summer wardrobe because nothing I owned fit at all. Consignment shops and thrift stores are the way to go. Just give yourself time and don't take your kids. Sometimes you really have to dig and you have to try everything on. I got about 20 items for $150. And it all looks new. Congrats on the weight loss! I would borrow for tonight if you can't get out to shop.