Since when is 33 considered young?

Options

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    And isnt 36 pretty much middle-age?

Aren't you pretty much geriatric once you hit 30?
    You kids - get off my lawn.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    watch it OP :angry:
    Jumpship.gif
  • AmandaLY17
    AmandaLY17 Posts: 184 Member
    Options

I'm pretty sure "middle-age" is when you hit the half-way mark of the average life expectancy...which I believe is currently 79 yrs old for Americans......... so then about 40 is officially middle-aged.

you beat me to it!
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    My 30's have been the best time ever! I feel like I'm still young enough to enjoy life, yet mature enough to know/have/be what I want. The big 4-0 coming up in 5 months. We'll see. I do know that on my 40th birthday I'll be in the best shape I've been in since my 20's.
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I don't consider 33 old at all, but I will admit, when I say the phrase "Only older men hit on me" I'm primarily talking about the 35-45 range. So it's sort of contradictory. But then again older can just mean older than me lol
    Older men will always hit on you. For me that's 50 year olds lol
  • slrprncss88
    Options
    Since 89 is my median life expectancy age. I've only experienced 1/3 of my life. My youngest kid is only 8 months. 30 is NOT old at all. Im so blown away by this statement. Maybe if someone feels old at 30 they have emotional or other health issues that weigh them down .
  • TheLostMermaid
    Options
    33 is young if your older than 33......

But all I can think about is the mom from Mean Girls....

Where is that gif....I know I put it somewhere.... *looks in my pockets*
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,547 Member
    Options
    Lol, at 33 I was a rock star!!!!! I was dating a popular DJ in the SF Bay area and kicking it backstage with many singers. Not to mention my fitness was off the hook too!

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • sarainiowa
    sarainiowa Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Since I turned 39 and growing up is the last thing I will admit to doing.

Don't rush the "getting old" thing!! Who wants to get old?

BE YOUNG!
  • CleanUpWhatIMessedUp
    CleanUpWhatIMessedUp Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    18-34 is considered a young adult. Assuming you live to be 90, 45 is middle aged. Assuming you live to be 80, 40 is middle aged. I think any age where you can still reproduce is probably what constitutes being young. So, 15-45 is young, I guess.
  • lemonsnlove
    lemonsnlove Posts: 200
    Options
    33 is young! I love my 30's I'm old enough to have learned from my mistakes but young enough to make plenty more. I can't complain.
  • littlebutlean
    littlebutlean Posts: 2,159 Member
    Options
    When you're a senior citizen and referring to someone as 33 .. then, and only then is that young
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    I'm 34 and I still feel like a naive, ignorant girl sometimes. But I have a good career, and a paycheck that would shame most men half again my age. So age has it's privileges. :D
  • lisaabenjamin
    lisaabenjamin Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    33 is young if you are a scientist - you can still apply for "early career awards" if you're under 35!

I'm 31 so still a baby! :-)
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options

Kick_in_the_*kitten*.gif
  • da1128
    da1128 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Age is just a number. At the age of 50, 51, 52, and 53, I left 20 somethings eating my dust during weight lifting competitions. Yep, I won 4 championship titles in a row.

As for 33, dang, I have shoes older than that! My youngest KID is 13 years OLDER than that! I'm almost 64 and healthier than I was at the tender age of 33.

At 33 you're not even old enough to run for President! :bigsmile:
  • Excuse_less
    Excuse_less Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Late 30's isn't so bad is it??
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    If ~80 is the average life expectancy, and 40 is the halfway mark, then wouldnt a 10 year range of 35-45 be middle age and 45+ be elderly?
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Since when is 33 considered young?

When you're a 60 yo man hitting on your daughters friends!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I'll be 40 in a few months...I'm totally having a mid-life crisis and I can't afford a sports car or a motor cycle...until my kids get to school and out of daycare.