Should I be worried?

Options
It has come to my attention that there are some people I work with who grate cheddar cheese on everything at lunch time. This really bothers me, especially when I receive rude stares whenever I break out my block of brie I have had warming to room temperature all morning so that it is just perfect to eat on my bread. They discount the special quality of other fine cheeses like parmesan, feta, and all the other truly unique tastes and textures of other cheeses. This has to stop. It's cheese discrimination and will ruin humanity as we know it if all our culinary cheese interests become monopolized by the ubiquitous yellow cheddar.

Replies

• HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    :indifferent: :indifferent: :indifferent:
  • detox_pixie
    detox_pixie Posts: 166
    Options
    What?
  • HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    What?

Exactly.
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Brie is YUMMY!!!
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    :yawn:
  • techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Your talk of cheese has triggered the Dominos ads on MFP. Thanks a lot.
  • lucyford22
    lucyford22 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I live in California...but was raised in Wisconsin. I can defend both sides here.
  • Fitnin6280
    Fitnin6280 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Not a fan of Brie --- I just can't past the texture. It's like snot in my mouth... :tongue:
  • lucyford22
    lucyford22 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I should add though...I had a roommate once that had a really nice block of cheddar cheese. She went to make a grilled cheese sandwich and said, "I wish I had some good cheese for this." "What's 'good' cheese?" I asked. She replied that she'd rather have kraft singles (barf) than shred cheddar cheese from a block because it tastes better. Blasphemy.
  • detox_pixie
    Options
    I should add though...I had a roommate once that had a really nice block of cheddar cheese. She went to make a grilled cheese sandwich and said, "I wish I had some good cheese for this." "What's 'good' cheese?" I asked. She replied that she'd rather have kraft singles (barf) than shred cheddar cheese from a block because it tastes better. Blasphemy.

OMG. It's lack of education surely. We need to launch a no cheese left behind campaign, pronto.
  • jacques57
    jacques57 Posts: 2,129 Member
    Options
    Not a fan of Brie --- I just can't past the texture. It's like snot in my mouth... :tongue:

Mmmmm S N O T !
  • SoLongAndThanksForAllTheFish
    Options

OMG. It's lack of education surely. We need to launch a no cheese left behind campaign, pronto.

I'd say there is no point for that campaign, the left behind is where most good cheese ends up anyways. And the right behind too.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    There is nothing ubiquitous about Cheddar.

It is a fine cheese, produced in the most beautiful area here in Somerset. I don't care what EU rulings they bring in. If it is not made in Cheddar it is not really Cheddar. It is faux cheddar.:grumble:

Although other cheeses are very nice some even great, you cannot beat a helping of strong mature Cheddar on everything.:flowerforyou:
  • madworld1
    madworld1 Posts: 524
    Options
    Brie cheese smells like a fart. I was visiting France a few years ago & I was in the executive lounge filling my plate with little snacks. I kept smelling a fart & I thought someone was actually crop dusting the place. But, when I got closer to the cheese section I realized that it was actually the cheese. :sick:

ETA: it may not have been the Brie exactly... but, it was definitely one of those fancy cheeses! Haha.
  • Bownzi
    Bownzi Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Cheadar???? YUCK!!!
  • manderson27
    Options
    Cheadar???? YUCK!!!

Blasphemy

How can a cheese that was invented here be anything other than awesome?

cheddar_30I85731_zps1a27d4e2.jpg
  • detox_pixie
    Options
    I do admit, there are times when only a good Cheddar or a Cornish Crackler will do..
  • manderson27
    Options
    I do admit, there are times when only a good Cheddar or a Cornish Crackler will do..

You I like :drinker:
  • tekkvicious
    Options
    wut
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    as long as there's wine :happy: