Quicker way of eating Salads?

Options
I have fallen in LOVE with eating salads, and this is coming from someone that has dreaded eating anything resembling the colour green. However, it's such a DRAG to eat them! Not that they dont taste good, but I'm used to being able to eat quick and go and salads are just...slow. The length it took me to finish this was about 40 minutes and I'm just like "Wow, did that just happen?" It's always taken me 10 mintues or less to get through with a meal! Trying to quicken my pace just makes me gag though.

So anyone got a way to get those veggies in with a quick and healthy method? I'm starting an internship on Monday, so I wont have much time to sit around and nom away at lunch.

Replies

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Throw it in a blender & call it your green shake... lol - eating slower is better for your mental health, smell the roses... or the salad in this case.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Look up juicing recipes.

My bro makes the most amazing fresh juice combos and the veggies he uses are things I don't prefer to eat.

But when he juices it up they are so amazingly delicious.

Don't scoff at the ingredients. Just try the recipes. The strangest things taste so good when combined and juiced. It's kinda weird really.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    if you want smush it down and wrap it in a tortilla

also if you don't chop everything up as fine you can eat it faster I think
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Put them in a wrap; I made caesar wraps (among other wraps with greens in them) for a party once, and they were a hit. Plus, very easy to make.
  • julez4774
    julez4774 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    make veg soup
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,179 Member
    Options
    I thought I was the only one who thought that! Firstly, I love salads and all the different customizations, but I I just get so sick of all that chewing that I often give up even though I am not finished. My husband always laughs at me because i am complaining that my salad is making me bored and taking too long to consume. No new ideas for you since most have already been mentioned...
    Chew away...
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    Keep eating slow

http://www.livestrong.com/article/480254-how-long-does-it-take-your-brain-to-register-that-the-stomach-is-full/

Allow your brain and body to help you 'feel' satiated. Average Americans eats a meal in 14 minutes; by slowing down you allow your body and brain to sense the intake. Good luck, and slow and steady :)