Over on sodium, again

Options
So, I still have about 300 calories left for the day but I've gone over on my sodium. How much does this effect things? I know I retain extra water. Is there a way to counteract this (ie drinking extra water to help flush it out)? Thanks for the help!

Replies

• larddragon
    larddragon Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Omg I'm always under on sodium! Like it says I have 1000+ sodium left. What do you eat to get enough sodium? Sorry I couldn't answer tour questiom btw I'm not too sure myself. :s
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Unless you have blood pressure issues, going over your sodium won't hurt you. Drinking more water will help, yes, as sodium causes you to retain water and drinking more will flush it out.
  • moonbeams896
    moonbeams896 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    lol larddragon. I had a bagel and panera's chicken noodle soup and a baguette from panera's. Those were the sources of LOTS of sodium. But thanks, lemonsnowdrop, I will be less concerned then :)
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Drink all the water!
    (Just kidding. Just drink a reasonable amount!)
  • Soggynode
    Soggynode Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Omg I'm always under on sodium! Like it says I have 1000+ sodium left. What do you eat to get enough sodium? Sorry I couldn't answer tour questiom btw I'm not too sure myself. :s

That is awesome. I'm usually 1000+ over my limit on sodium. I'm not sure how much water I would need to drink to flush out that much extra sodium. Also larddragon... That is one of my all-time favorite photos.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    Drink plenty of water and it will flush out the sodium.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Cucumbers, parsley, and raw tomatoes will help flush out the extra water you are holding from the salt in the canned soup/.