Calories in Chicken Oysters?

Options
Anybody have any idea what the nutritional info might be for chicken oysters? Chicken oysters are the little oyster-shaped bits along the spine at the top of the thigh. They often get left behind because people don't realize what they are, but they're actually considered a delicacy, and one of the tastiest meats you can eat.

I can't seem to find that info anywhere, and I'm not even sure what to guess. It's dark and flavorful like dark meat, but densely textured like white meat. I imagine someone somewhere must know the info, but a google search didn't turn anything up.

For now, I'm just adding an extra 100 calories for a chicken oyster. I'm guessing it's not actually that much, but who knows?

Replies

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    I would think they were a part of the meat..log it as that?
  • cmlindemann
    Options
    They are meat, but they're a separate part than the other parts. You can get calorie counts for chicken wings, or chicken thighs, or chicken breasts, etc., but I've never seen any calorie counts for these (probably because people usually overlook them when they're carving the bird). And they're a different type of meat than anywhere else on the bird, so I'm not sure how to even make an educated guess.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    It's just dark meat. I'd estimate the weight and log it as thigh.