Rib Flare?

Options
Up until now, I've always thought I had a huge rib cage. Now, I know that it's actually "only" rib flare. From what I've read on the internet, it's fixable though I have no idea how to do so.

Does anyone else have this? Did you fix it? How?

Replies

• tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Interested.
    When I get to about 150 lbs or less my ribs flare out like crazy.
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    just keep eating well and working out, don't over-analyze rib flare
  • myrakitch
    myrakitch Posts: 1 Member
    edited June 7
    Options
    I'm small chested and no matter what size I am.... my nipples and ribs stick out the exact same from my body... like looking in the mirror standing from the side. It's sooooo annoying 🙄 but im trying to get abs this summer so I'm hopeful that all the core workouts will help me finally be able to hold them in but with every lb so far, I loose boob and rib fat so it's like now I'm flat chested but my nipples still make the profile the same 🤣 😅. On the positive side I could make due with 2 bandaids as a bra now.

Other factors- 38f , breastfed 3 kids for a few months after each pregnancy, 32A cup before kids, 34B cup when 180 and now back to A cup 122lbs.

Currently trying-
    • chest & ab workouts twice a week with correctted breathing (apparently rib flare is happening because I breath more into my chest than my abdomen)🤔 maybe?
    • self coconut oil massages for healthy skin
  • herblovinmom
    herblovinmom Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I’ve always been broad shouldered up top very barrel ish. I’ve lost weight and I’ve noticed my ribs are so boxy, so prominent. I was thinking maybe it had to do with pregnancy , like my body had to make room for all those fetuses, maybe they were up in my ribs and widened me out.. when I first noticed it I thought it was under boob fat but now I know it’s bone. Never heard of the term rib flare before..🤔