Any treadmill exercisers willing to share

Options
2»

Replies

• totaldetermination
    totaldetermination Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I wear a HRM which links to the treadmill.
    I set the speed to be 5km/h, and set my target heart rate to be 130.
    Then the treadmill automatically adjusts the incline to keep my heart at the desired rate.
  • momsfavoritechild
    momsfavoritechild Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your input.
  • momsfavoritechild
    Options
    I wear a HRM which links to the treadmill.
    I set the speed to be 5km/h, and set my target heart rate to be 130.
    Then the treadmill automatically adjusts the incline to keep my heart at the desired rate.

Can you buy a HRM anywhere or do you have to find them online?
  • momsfavoritechild
    Options
    My treadmill has IFit which lets me run/walk different routes using Google maps and the treadmill automatically adjusts the incline to match the terrain. I love it and find it really motivating. This mornings run was along the coast of an island in the Norwiegen Sea. For those that don't have IFit, there is an app for tablets called Bit Gym that does almost the same thing. You can choose a route and it uses the backward facing camera in your tablet to estimate your speed as you profess along the route. It won't adjust the incline obviously, but still cool.

Do you only need a phone line to conenct ti IFIT? how do you view the trails, do you have a laptop or IPAD?
  • paulandrachelk
    paulandrachelk Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I use a Treadclimber. Got the little (cheap) one with no motor so you REALLY have to work as you are the engine. Was doing 12.5 minutes but had to take a break for eye surgery and am just getting started again. It is a major workout but you can't go as long. I typically can go 2-3 time as long on a treadmill as on the Treadclimber.
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I do a lot of intervals. Usually, I'll walk at 3.2 and crank the incline all the way up and just do it as long as I can and take breaks when I need to. Or, I'll use incline 1.5 or 2 and run at 6, adding .5 each time I take a break. This way, if I take a break I have to run faster the next time. I try to make sure I hit the 170's for heart rate (34 yo, female, 150 lbs).
    I watch TV and listen to dubstep on Pandora.
  • Cmejstrik
    Cmejstrik Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Go walk/run outside

Some of us live where it's hot outside right now! My treadmill is ordered and I can't wait for it to get here because it is soooo hot and humid. My regular easy run nearly killed me today. Bump for ideas for treadmill runs!
  • Cthulhu1974
    Options
    Go walk/run outside

Some of us happen to be disabled and can't run outside. But thanks for the jerky comment.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    this guy has good routines. yeah the URL title is a bit cheesy but still the treadmill workouts are pretty awesome. scroll down for the workouts. i really like the walking one

http://www.nowloss.com/how-to-lose-50-pounds-fast-in-5-months.htm
  • rawhidenadz
    rawhidenadz Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I usually walk a mile at 3.5 mph and 3.5 incline, then I run at 6 mph/1 incline for 1-2 miles, then i alternate running and walking. Usually end up doing an hour.
  • RunDomRun24
    RunDomRun24 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I prefer the great outdoors, but I often have to run on the treadmill - not by choice. I fight the boredom by varying inclinations and speed just to play mental games with myself. ("in two minutes, I will reduce my speed by 0.5" "four more minutes 'til walking break", etc.). I also devised a contraption to attach my ipad to the board and I pick a movie / you tube video that is just about the right time the time I want to run.
  • momsfavoritechild
    Options
    thanks for the added comments everyone!