Beginning my journey

Options
Hi!
I've just begun the long put off journey to lose weight. I love who I am but when I realized I again weighed what I did when I was 9 months pregnant it was time to make some changes. I started about 2 weeks ago with MFP and that has been my biggest accountability partner. I have a couple personal friends who don't long in that often and would love to find some people who have as much to me to loose as it will be a long journey as well as those who have the experience of what to eat and do to loose. My father this past week had opened heart surgery and has diabetes that is more a heredity issue than diet or exercise. I am 5'2 and started at 260 but am down to 251. My healthy weight should be 137(yeahhh), but my goal is 180. Small goals (80 lbs). I don't know too much so I've started with a basic lower calorie diet and with MFP, it's very eye opening the calorie count of food something I've never paid attention to. I have an elliptical machine for a couple years that's gathering dust and zumba DVDs I bought years ago because I didn't want to have to work hard to exercise. I started the tapes and have yet to use the elliptical as I learned I'd burn more calories with the Zumba. That may have been a bit droning but please add me send me a quick message say hi! I'm on my app everyday. I left my phone at home last week and what I missed most was my app????