Being Hangry

Options
I need some help avoiding being hangry.
It makes me into a horrible person and I just end up in arguments which is just becoming very draining!

Replies

• lblair31374
    Options
    Have you tried small meals spread throughout the day? Or filling snacks? Plan ahead and be prepared. The trick is staying in your calorie goal and not getting hungry. Worst case scenario is you eat something before the hunger gets out of control, even if you go a little over your calorie goal. Try it. Good luck!
  • studentgirly
    studentgirly Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Thanks
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    This is the real reason too big of a calorie deficit messes me up. Forget starvation mode and all that, if I don't get enough food, I'm likely to kill people.

Not that some don't deserve it, but you can't just go around slaughtering everyone that annoys you. Unless you have a lot of money and a good lawyer, that is. And I don't.

I can't see your diary, so not sure if that is the problem, but maybe you could add some more calories to your morning and see if that helps?
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    What is your daily calorie goal? Seems that if you're eating the proper number of calories, there's no reason for any hangriness....
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I get hangry, too. Especially when I wait for my husband for dinner (works late).

Snacks are the answer though - I keep lots of fresh fruit and veggies on hand or a quick nom when needed. Also protein bars help me lots with this.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    What is your daily calorie goal? Seems that if you're eating the proper number of calories, there's no reason for any hangriness....

+1