Why?

Options
I'm confused. Why doesn't your weight training count calories burned too? Example, I wore my HRM today while doing my weight routine for 45 minutes and I burned 224 calories, so why doesn't that count in the Exercise Log? I feel stupid for asking, but really want to know. :)

Replies

• PoshTaush
    PoshTaush Posts: 1,247
    Options
    I log my weight training under "cardio"... then it adds calories burnt. I don't know why it doesn't in its own category.
  • pinkarrow
    Options
    Thanks for replying. :) That's what I'll start doing then is tracking it under cardio so it counts. Thanks again!

Beth
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Under the cardio tab, there is an option for Strength Training. You can use that to enter your calories. Keep in mind that heart rate monitors aren't entirely accurate for strength training. You're probably not burning as many calories as you think. The reasons for this are kinda complicated, but you can find info about it online. Good luck!
  • fittocycle
    fittocycle Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    millerll-could you please give me some information about why HRMs aren't as accurate for weight training? I'm curious about it and wonder if it is messing with my weight loss. Thanks so much!:smile: