RMR testing

Myth
Myth Posts: 285 Member
I want to go get an RMR, and aerobic and anaerobic test done, and i have seen other have had it done but have not found whether or not people used their test results and they lost weight with it. Can you tell me your experiences?

Country

Replies

• evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    I used to do metabolic testing in a hospital. Truthfully, the best thing it does is show people who believe they have "slow metabolisms" that they really don't. Less than 3% of the population has a metabolism outside of the normal range, and most of those have some sort of metabolic disorder like PCOS or untreated thyroid disease.

It can be nice to show you the minimum calories you should net every day because most people don't have a clue.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    ^This.

If you eat less than you burn, you will lose weight. Rather than getting your resting metabolic rate measured, start weighing everything you eat (every thing) and measuring all liquids with calories (including whatever you put in your coffee).

Log everything you eat & drink accurately & honestly. Logging works.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants