Support Works Both Ways, I thought.

Options
Why is it that some people on MFP never support others or just like to post comments about themselves all the time but never comment on others posts or diaries or exercises?

I thought it was a two way street. I don't sit on here 24/7 commenting non stop nor do I expect anyone else too. But I do comment when I'm on on friends posts if I can add something positive or their diaries and others do to mine also.

But you get those that don't bother but want a load of friend to comment and encourage them. Am I wrong in thinking "narcissistic personality"?

If you want to share and assist in this goal we commonly have to lose weight and get fit, then feel free to add me to your friends list.

Cheers :D

Replies

• kk_140
    kk_140 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I treat my feed like a job, as weird as that sounds. When I log in I go down my entire feed page and like or comment everything on it that I can add too :). Some people are on my feed more than others, but I feel like by doing it this way everyone gets a little support from me over time.

There are also people on my page I watch more closely, people who are similar size and goals as me, friendly people who send me messages, stuff like that.
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Sometimes all I have time for is a quick 'like' on a friend's status. And I rarely have time to look at diaries anymore. But when I have time, I will comment, offering praise and encouragement to those who I think need it the most. Oftentimes the ones who are the most fun to chat and comment on are the ones who need the least support. They will have 15 or 20 comments on a silly comment they made while someone who is staining to keep their weight loss head above water will go hours without a like on their status. I guess MFP is like real life in that way. It ain't always fair.

I accept all friend request, and sort them out as I get to know them. Some you very rarely hear from, while others are always posting something. I've reached my goal weight, but am trying to get my BMI a little lower and my muscle mass a little higher. I'm a foodie, and have a thread called What's for Supper??? that I post on every night. Some days that is all I have time to do. But if you want to be friends, I'll be glad to add you.

Larro
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Why is it that some people on MFP never support others or just like to post comments about themselves all the time but never comment on others posts or diaries or exercises?

I thought it was a two way street. I don't sit on here 24/7 commenting non stop nor do I expect anyone else too. But I do comment when I'm on on friends posts if I can add something positive or their diaries and others do to mine also.

But you get those that don't bother but want a load of friend to comment and encourage them. Am I wrong in thinking "narcissistic personality"?

If you want to share and assist in this goal we commonly have to lose weight and get fit, then feel free to add me to your friends list.

Cheers :D

It could be narcissism, it could be lack of time, it could just be lack of interest in you personally, it could be too many friends to keep up with, etc. I try to comment on my friends stuff - diaries and workouts and such, but I'm not always successful.

I think that if you find someone like that on your friends list, and it bothers you, you should remove them rather than waste time making character judgements :)

Everyone approaches this stuff differently, and expects different things of their "friendships" on here. I like to chit chat, ask questions and celebrate my friends successes.
  • BlueBaron37
    BlueBaron37 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I treat my feed like a job

Well that's different and made me laugh :)