What a complete c0w!!!!!

Options
Well, i am basically just venting about what just happened to me at the doctors!!!

I went for my weight check up with the nurse and blood pressure check etc. It was a nurse i hadn't seen before and when she weighed mde she asked how much i used to weigh.( I was 160lbs today and i started at 232lbs) I told her and she was VERY shocked! Usually at this point they are very compimentary about my achievement, but her..............no!

She asked me how i got myself into that state!!!!!! :noway:
I was so shocked that i just said "i don't know" and she said "come on, you MUST know!"
So i told her a bit about my wedding in 2006 and then my mother getting cancer and me just letting my health slip!
THEN she looked at me and said "so you are MARRIED?" (In a really rude way as if to say, its amazing people that fat are married!!!!! :mad: )
So i just said yes and she said "and didn't your husband say anything about your weight?"
I said "no because he loves me for who i am!" (thinking, "you RUDE ignorant *kitten*!!)

And if that wasn't enough! She asked me to bring a urine sample in next time as her medical brain was screaming out, i have lost a lot of weight too quickly and rapid weight loss is usually a sympton of some underlying medical problem!!!!! :mad: :explode: :mad: :explode: :mad:

NOT ALL MY HARD WORK THEN??????

I told her that i had changed my lifestyle, i exercise a lot and eat well!! but she pretty much ignored me!!

As if i wasn't feeling worried enough about my health due to the lump in breast yesterday and having to go for an ultrasound, she makes me even more worried that something is wrong!!!

Is it me or was she totally out of order??

:mad: :explode: :mad: :explode: :mad: :explode: :mad: :explode: :mad: :explode: :mad: :explode:

Replies

• amandagreen1980
    amandagreen1980 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Well, i am basically just venting about what just happened to me at the doctors!!!

I went for my weight check up with the nurse and blood pressure check etc. It was a nurse i hadn't seen before and when she weighed mde she asked how much i used to weigh.( I was 160lbs today and i started at 232lbs) I told her and she was VERY shocked! Usually at this point they are very compimentary about my achievement, but her..............no!

She asked me how i got myself into that state!!!!!! :noway:
    I was so shocked that i just said "i don't know" and she said "come on, you MUST know!"
    So i told her a bit about my wedding in 2006 and then my mother getting cancer and me just letting my health slip!
    THEN she looked at me and said "so you are MARRIED?" (In a really rude way as if to say, its amazing people that fat are married!!!!! :mad: )
    So i just said yes and she said "and didn't your husband say anything about your weight?"
    I said "no because he loves me for who i am!" (thinking, "you RUDE ignorant *kitten*!!)

And if that wasn't enough! She asked me to bring a urine sample in next time as her medical brain was screaming out, i have lost a lot of weight too quickly and rapid weight loss is usually a sympton of some underlying medical problem!!!!! :mad: :explode: :mad: :explode: :mad:

NOT ALL MY HARD WORK THEN??????

I told her that i had changed my lifestyle, i exercise a lot and eat well!! but she pretty much ignored me!!

As if i wasn't feeling worried enough about my health due to the lump in breast yesterday and having to go for an ultrasound, she makes me even more worried that something is wrong!!!

Is it me or was she totally out of order??

:mad: :explode: :mad: :explode: :mad: :explode: :mad: :explode: :mad: :explode: :mad: :explode:
  • rachieb1013
    rachieb1013 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I am blown away.....and not in the good sense. She is completely out of line for anyone, especially for a medical professional. I would bring it to the head nurse's/doctor's attention.

BUT ......I am impressed by your achievements and only hope I can do the same!!!!!
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Ohhhh - she was SO totally out of order. B*TCH. Good Lord. I went in for my thyroid check up last month and my doc was practically jumping up and down over a 9 lb weight loss, never mind 72 lbs. ARRRGH. It makes me so mad when medical professionals are ignorant and stupid and mean. If I were you, I would call and complain - and refuse to ever have her involved in your care again - at the cost of switching doctors! Most nurses are wonderful people but some need to have their head surgically removed from their nether regions.

I am so sorry you had to put up with her crap when you are already stressed about the lump!! Sending prayers your way and hoping everything turns out well and that witchy nurse gets hers in the end!!
  • anewbeginning
    anewbeginning Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    well said Montana girl....you voiced my thoughts exactly! There is no room in the medical field for callous, inconsiderate nurses, or doctors for that matter!! A good bedside manner is critical!
  • teetsel4
    teetsel4 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    You are not out of order!

If I were you I'd make a phone call back to the Dr's office to inform them of her behavior. It's doesn't have to be emotional, just an informitive call to let them know how you were treated. Prob nothing will happen to her about it this time, but if they hear it enough about how she treats paitents, then something will happen.

Not that you would want to get her FIRED or anything:devil:

LOL...
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Wow....:noway:

What a callous bit(h!! If you didn't mention anything to the doctor then I would write him a letter & explain how she treated you.

There's no excuse to treat someone like that. :angry: :mad: :angry: :mad: :angry:
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    It's UNEXPLAINED weight loss that is a worry, not a meticulous young lady working very hard at watching her food intake and exercising. She should have asked, and then dropped it at that.
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    OK wow That is SOOO NOT the nurse I want to be associated with...and BTW *kitten* is minimal to what I would have actually said to her POINT BLANK! Piss off! IMO people who make others feel bad do it ONLY to benefit themselves and it actually makes them feel good...nasty!

zen
    ANd also you are here and we thing you look marvy and keep up the awesome hard work!!! :flowerforyou:
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Any amount of weight loss should have been met with JOY from the Doctors and Nurses.
    I know that WE do when one of ours have succeeded in their weight loss.
    The fact that you lost it in her eyes TOO fast still should not have been met with disrespect but mild curiosity. Yes we would have asked for a sample, we ALWAYS ask for a sample. If you asked me why, we would have said Just to make sure that you are as healthy on the inside as you look from the outside. Or we would have said that it is routine.
    I have known a LOT of nurses in my life, I have a family with a lot of nurses in it as well, SO, I am left to assume that she is having a bad week. I would also venture a guess that you are not the only one that suffered her rudeness, IN FACT! I would tell my DOCTOR about how she acted with you and that you are VERY upset by this and are considering taking your business somewhere else.
    Then see if the next time that you go in there she is not THERE any longer OR has a MUCH better attitude. Doctors need to know when their nurses are hurting their business. If this was the Doctor, I would in turn tell the nurses about the behavior.
    But dear Amanda I am SO ROCKING PROUD OF YOU FOR YOUR WEIGHT LOSS I COULD FREAKING
    BURST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bigsmile: :heart: :smooched: :bigsmile: :heart: :smooched:
  • amandagreen1980
    amandagreen1980 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Zen, well put!!

Thanks everyone! you really know how to cheer me up!!

Diann!! Haven't seen you in AGES!! Have sooooo been meaning to message you! Hope you are well!! And thanks for the compliment!!

I think i will write a letter to the doctor and tell her what happened!! :flowerforyou:
  • WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options
    You should let the doctor know how his nurse treated you. She is a disgrace to all the fine nurses out there. It reminds me of when I was pregnant with my 3rd one and had been to the doctors office the day before I went into labor. When I got to the hospital a nurse put me on the scale and then said quickly "oh this scale must be broken" when I asked her why she said it was because it said I weighed 180 pounds (pre-pregnancy weight was 110 pounds which was way too skinny) and when I assured her that it was correct she blurted out "God you're big!!". No matter whether you are small or large no one has the right to treat you rudely. :mad:
  • Beccilynn
    Beccilynn Posts: 177
    Options
    I say who cares about her .. would she of asked you the same thing had YOU gained the wieght ... whatever ... I wouldnt even let her little mind bother you at all , I saw you pics and you look awesome and should be proud of what you have accomplished and you do not need HER opinion for any validation!!

Next time though : give her a piece of your mind ! I sure would have !

ohmmmmm ohmmmmmm

:wink:
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry that nurse treated you that way. I agree, you should either call or write the doctor about her behavior. We all have off days some times, but that still doesn't excuse rudness or ignorance. When I have a problem like that I always think I can loose the weight but she is stupid for life:happy: My daughter was born through cesarian birth and the first thing I heard from the orderly's was " man is she heavy" ( they earned their money that day :laugh: ).
    I'll pray for you that your test comes out negative and a big congratulations on the weightloss:flowerforyou:
  • DjBliss05
    DjBliss05 Posts: 682
    Options
    Wow, that is horrible! I would definitely report her to someone. You shouldn't have to go through that when you are doing everything you should be to be healthy!

You started at almost the same weight that I did and are now at my goal weight. That is very inspiring!

Reading your story makes me cringe a little, because for those of us that are just starting out and taking on this challenge, these things can happen at any time. It is so disappointing that even after losing the weight, we might have to deal with ignorant people. Sorry you had to deal with this woman. :mad:
  • Sherona
    Sherona Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I would tell her she is a stupid ***** right to her face!
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    Oh hell no. I would have thrown the scale at her, and left the office. But, i'm a beotch too. :bigsmile:
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    Pfft, what a load. Amanda, I applaud your ability to control yourself. I would have definately had a bit more to say to that little witch. Talk about issues....sheesh...

You have done great my beautiful british friend, no matter what some idiotic so called health practicioner has to say. :wink: :flowerforyou:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Oh hell no. I would have thrown the scale at her, and left the office. But, i'm a beotch too. :bigsmile:
    I'm starting to say beotch b/c of you Lina!!! :laugh:

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    (((((Amanda)))))))

ya know what misery loves company as Zen said....and I think in her case you could have added a nice foot up the *kitten* to that party! but you did good girl....keepin' your cool and showing the nasty nurse Cratchit that she can't break down the strong and beautiful w/ her forked tongue....sending her the malocchio for ya!:wink:

hugs!!!!!
    ali
  • GemFB
    GemFB Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Report the *****.

Then ask her if she has been checked for brain issues, cuz there is obviously something wrong.

Congrats on all your hard work. She should told you "Way to go". So let me save a bit of grace for the medical feild and say... WAY TO F-ING GO!

:drinker: