Curves circuit coach interview. feeling intimdated. help?

Options
Hey guy!

So I have an interview at Curves for a circuit coach position. I have a job developer who found it for me and sent my resume in and after a short phone interview they want me to come in on Monday. She said it will be an hour and half and to come in workout clothes because I'll be working out. The thing is I feel a bit intimidated.

My fitness level is right at the beginning, I can't do a push up to save my life. I get winded easily. I asked my job developer before she contacted them if I need to be fit and toned and she said no don't worry about it. But I don't know. I just feel like a coach should be up to par in the fitness department and even though they train you I just feel like I might not be able to do it. I guess I just need some support and encouragement for this , but I also want your honest thoughts. Also if anyone works at curves can they tell me what to expect at this interview and any other information they have about circuit coaches? I don't want a job where I have to work out all day but i really need a job. Thanks!

Replies

• gcbma
    gcbma Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm not any help, but I would appreciate a coach who is more average. I would be turned off by a stickly person who could do their circuit all day and not get tired.

I say take a deep breath, wear a big smile, admit you're human, and good luck.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I've never been to a Curves but I am guessing a circuit coach is someone who shows people how to use the machines, how to adjust them for their height/limb length, explains which muscles the machines are working, and encourages them during their workouts. More of a customer service position than a fitness position. The most working out you would probably have to do is demonstrate how to use a machine. You can do this! It could be a fun job and it'll pay the bills (or some of them) until you can do what you really want to do. You may find you like working in fitness and have a whole new career.
  • Jessicailu
    Jessicailu Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys your responses has made me feel a little bit better. Still nervous though but I'll try my best!