How many lbs/wk?

Options
Just wanted a general idea of how many pounds everyone wants to lose per week! :) I had everything set up for 2 a week, but sometimes 1200 calories a day is just not "do-able". I'm combining weight watcher points with MFP and 1200 calories isnt hitting my points for the say. I went ahead and changed to the setting for 1.5 lbs/wk and i think it will work much better, your thoughts?

Replies

• Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I try to stay under 1800 per day which comes out to about 1.8 lbs a week. but it can vary as I try to make each day a little different to keep my body guessing.
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    Right now I'm on no gain or loss since I'm pregnant., but I plan to go to 1.5lbs/week after that.
  • Reinee_0304
    Options
    OMG I JUST LOVE YOUR LITTLE MAN WALKING TOO COOL
  • JulieC73
    Options
    I'm happy with a pound a week. Sometimes it's only a 1/2 lb or sometimes no loss.
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    mfp suggested that i eat 1200calories a day to lose 1.7lbs per week!!! i shoot for 2lbs per week by adding in workouts!
  • soze
    soze Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    If I am ever down to 1200 calories a day I'm in trouble. I feel at times I am starving at 1800 calories. Mostly though I go to be happy.

If it did come down to it I could cut out and down on some things I eat. For instance instead of 8 oz of salmon I could have 4 oz.

All the best.
  • Buckeye_Mama
    Buckeye_Mama Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have my goals set at 1 lb/week and have actually found that I end up losing more than that. I think it all comes down to how much and how fast you want to lose it. I'm personally not in a hurry because I don't want to ever feel like I'm starving myself. If I ever got to that point, I would probably get tired of it and give up. At 1 lb/week I'm alloted 1390 a day. I also work out on average 500 cals a day, so now I'm up to 1890 calories a day. I can eat very satisfyingly on 1890 calories, which makes counting calories not seem like a chore and I actually enjoy it.

So, if you're not in a hurry, don't starve yourself and enjoy the journey. :)
  • jsheph1
    jsheph1 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I aim one a week, I've seen a lot of experts write that slower is better. Fortunately or unfortunately depending how you look at it. I've actually lost two, though. If your finding your goal to tough go to 1? You've probably been too heavy for a long time, and you want to maintain your goal weight for life, so the losing phase will only be a blink of the eye in the grand scheme of things. What's the hurry?
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    I have my goals set at 1 lb/week and have actually found that I end up losing more than that. I think it all comes down to how much and how fast you want to lose it. I'm personally not in a hurry because I don't want to ever feel like I'm starving myself. If I ever got to that point, I would probably get tired of it and give up. At 1 lb/week I'm alloted 1390 a day. I also work out on average 500 cals a day, so now I'm up to 1890 calories a day. I can eat very satisfyingly on 1890 calories, which makes counting calories not seem like a chore and I actually enjoy it.

So, if you're not in a hurry, don't starve yourself and enjoy the journey. :)

This is what I am doing this time also. I have really tried this two other times and both times failed because my calories were too low, I was starving and I gave up.
  • mommacarrie423
    Options
    I aim one a week, I've seen a lot of experts write that slower is better. Fortunately or unfortunately depending how you look at it. I've actually lost two, though. If your finding your goal to tough go to 1? You've probably been too heavy for a long time, and you want to maintain your goal weight for life, so the losing phase will only be a blink of the eye in the grand scheme of things. What's the hurry?

THANK YOU SO MUCH!! you really put it into perspective! it took me three years to get here, why try to take it off in one? :)