I am not losing weight!! :(

Options
Its been 3 weeks since I started my weight loss journey I do stationary bike moderate pace for 30 mins and walk for 30 mins.. I can't do other exercises because I have knee arthritis.. I want to do strength training but I guess I cant do that too... I only lost 2 pounds.. I am 5'4'' and 229 lb. Please help me what should I do to lose weight at least 2 pounds a week?

Replies

• AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    You're not tracking any of your food in your diary. That would be your first step. Losing weight is mostly diet. You can sit on the stationary bike all day but you can't out train a bad diet.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    track your food
  • parasshelawala
    parasshelawala Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Think about it this way, 2 lbs a week means a 7000 Calorie deficit per week or 1000 Calories per day. You just have to be as eat healthy consistently and work out as much as you can without causing injury. After that it's just a matter of being patient and not giving up until you hit your goal.
  • Anniebotnen
    Anniebotnen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    As others said, log your food.

You can absolutely do weight training with arthritis in the knees! It may even make them feel better. You may just have to avoid certain exercises. I had severe arthritis in both hips, and had both of them replaced in 2011. I weight trained until the day before the surgeries, and was back in the gym 2 weeks after. I suggest hiring a trainer for a few sessions to get help creating a program that accommodates your knee problem.

Best of luck!