Hi/Hola :-D I'm Newbie

Options
My name is Claribel, I have 21 years and live in Puerto Rico. When i was 18, i was diagnosed with hypothyroidism of Hashimoto and since then i began to gain weight by the uncontrolled hormonal. I need to lose 50 pounds are in control. I tried many diets and i never have been since i have very slow metabolism because my condition. I am very motivated to lose weight with the help of MFP. I've never tried to count calories, I hope this work.

P.S:
sorry about my gramatical in english :-b

Replies

• meli173
    Options
    Hola Claribel!

Welcome, I'm a newbie too, joined a little over a week ago. This site will definitely help you, so far it has been helping me. Many people post encouraging thoughts/words that will give you that extra push. Buena Suerte!
  • doramouse
    Options
    Don't apologize! You are great - and welcome to MFP. I have hypothyroidism as well and I know how hard it is but this is a great site full of support and good information. Today is your first day! Congrats!
  • Shel2Peru
    Shel2Peru Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hola, como estas? Vivo en Peru como una misionera. Soy de los Estados Unidos, pero yo aprendi espanol poco a poco........parece como tu eres bien en ingles......entonces puedo ser amigas aqui y hablar en ingles o espanol........chau! Michele
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    welcome to the site!!! have you gotten on any medications for your hypothyroidism?? just curious!! you will fins great help and motivation here and counting calories is really the best way to go!! good luck :)
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    wormy_waving.gif
    Welcome to MFP, it is a great tool to help you.
  • ClaryPR
    Options
    Thank you all. for I have seen that here you get the value that one needs to move forward. I'm well motivated. I hope this way to lose weight. I need to control my health. A year ago I do not take any medication because it did not have insurance to cover him. but always through sonography monitoring the nodule is on my thyroid that is causing the condition. i am medical sonographer , so I can detect any changes. course that does not replace medical advice. thanks again to all for your support. besitos