Indian buffet!

Options
So it's Father's Day today! We're going out later for an Indian buffet and I'm very apprehensive:( I'm going to get a solid workout in before hand and hopefully something later but I'm still worried about what to eat!

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Well, you have several options.

1. Go and enjoy it and don't worry about logging for today. Get plenty of exercise and drink lots of water to minimise the damage.
    2. Go and fuss and fret over what you can and cant eat, potentially annoying the people you are with.
    3. Go and make choices as best you can - have small portions, avoid anything obviously deep fried or in a creamy sauce.
    4. Don't go.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    It's one meal and one one day. Eat small portions. Look for dishes with vegetables. Go easy on the bread and rice --- same as you would at another restaurant.
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Well, you have several options.

1. Go and enjoy it and don't worry about logging for today. Get plenty of exercise and drink lots of water to minimise the damage.
    2. Go and fuss and fret over what you can and cant eat, potentially annoying the people you are with.
    3. Go and make choices as best you can - have small portions, avoid anything obviously deep fried or in a creamy sauce.
    4. Don't go.

Pretty much this, its Fathers day go out and enjoy a meal with him
  • Hanowenho
    Hanowenho Posts: 24
    Options
    That's lovely advice, thanks everyone
  • myfitnesspale3
    myfitnesspale3 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Yep Father's Day is a cheat day - excellent advice - don't talk diet. There so such thing as Indian buffet diet food, that's for sure.