Question about 30 day shred?

caejde
caejde Posts: 29 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
I have been doing 30 day shred for a couple weeks. But, my question is...is it meant to be done every day? Or designed for 3 or 4 days a week? It doesn't specify on the DVD. Now, I guess my thinking was 2 things. 1. It is designed to be done everyday for 30 days but then 2. doesn't your muscles need time to rest in between workouts? Which before when I would go to the gym, I would always work one set of muscles with cardio and then another day another set of muscles to allow healing time. Any advice?

Replies

• vickiele1
    vickiele1 Posts: 394 Member
    Everything I have read indicates every day to meet her challenge. But just like everything else in this journey of life - we can choose. You can choose to do it 3 times a week or 4 times or whatever works for you. I do know that doing it every day at least for the first level is challenging but worth it as you will build up a great amount of endurance and strength just trying to keep up with the level 1 for 10 days. It is a tough workout. the level 2 is easier - I didn't get to the level 3 as I injured my knee again and am really being cautious about what kind of workouts I do so I don't re-injure it now that it is healing. I have reduced my weight by a considerable amount, though, so may try it again as winter approaches.

Blessings as you work towards your goals on the journey to a healthier and happier you.

Vickie
  • caejde
    Thanks. I usually did it about 4 times a week. Maybe I will try everyday and see how I feel.
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,760 Member
    I only do it about 3 - 4 times a week. But I also use other DVD's and jog.
  • ntp0826
    ntp0826 Posts: 95 Member
    I alternate to give my muscles a break so one day I do cardio and the next day I do 30 day shred. What kind of results have you been seeing?
  • caejde
    I alternate to give my muscles a break so one day I do cardio and the next day I do 30 day shred. What kind of results have you been seeing?

I am down a couple pounds. I have been doing the 30 day shred with the wii ea active. So on my rest days for the wii, I would take a rest day for the shred. So, I was working out 2 days, resting one. I have only re-started this a couple weeks now and I'm down right at 2 lbs.
  • dogdaze
    dogdaze Posts: 110 Member
    This is my third day of level 1. I am finding it a challenge but I am noticing that I seem to have lost a couple of pounds and I had to take in my belt by an inch (will know more when I weigh in formally next week)
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
This discussion has been closed.