Night eating and sabotaging all my good work

Options
13»

Replies

• forkofpower
    forkofpower Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    If you don't REMEMBER your night eating sometimes, then that sounds like something to talk to a doctor about, because that's not normal. It might be a form of sleepwalking.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,227 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    You've mentioned it being a habit. So you either break the habit, or you figure out how to eat 300-500 calories less in the day.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

^^^^^
    THIS!!
  • beckytcy
    beckytcy Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    As someone else asked, are you having trouble sleeping? Maybe you just need to prevent yourself from getting up in the middle of the night in the first place? Have you tried taking melatonin? I find that it does help me sleep through the night. You could also try over-the-counter Unisom or a generic variation that includes that active ingredient doxcylamide. That's the active ingredient in NyQuil that knocks you out.
  • beckytcy
    beckytcy Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Oh I saw you answered this already. Sorry. Well, I would still recommend the doxcylamide (anti-histamine in NyQuil). It can actually prevent you from having to pee in the middle of the night too!
  • sophier933
    sophier933 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I do the same. I wake up every 2 hours and eat. I have done it for 3 years and I cant stop. It is usually high carb/fat foods
  • sophier933
    sophier933 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    nancytyc wrote: »
    YES! YES! YES! YES! I had the same problem. I am T2 diabetic and the doctor figured out that my absolutely ravenous eating....and I mean ravenous, as no matter how hard I tried to ignore it or drink water, I HAD TO EAT!! It was my blood sugar dropping very low in the middle of the sleep cycle. I was instructed to eat something very, very high fat just before going to bed and that cured it. So, I eat an ounce of cream cheese on celery, or 3 TBSP heavy cream in tea, or 1 oz brazil nuts or macadamia nuts, right before I brush teeth and go to bed. I also make sure that I take that snack with a full 16 ounces of water to get that "full" feeling, like I had just eaten a large meal (the psychological factor). It works. I do not wake up hungry until after 7:00 a.m. in the morning. Hope this helps.

I am going to try this ^ thanks
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    No I didnt mention it as a habit. I do it every night half sleep walking half knowing what Im doing but unable to stop. A sleep haze really

Leave room in your diary for this.