healthy options at toby carvery

my family and i were planning to go to toby carvery - well actually just my family. i want to go - well actually i have to go, but i dont know what to order, i was thinking turkey and veggies but is the turkey drenched in butter and thereby making it unhealthy , and i think there is sweet potato or swede mash but does that also contain added unhealthy ingredients , what would you order, and also ive already pretty much reached my calories goal for today since i eat 40% of my intake at breakfast ,the other 30% at lunch and 20% as a snack as i usually only have either a small light meal for dinner with a protein shake or 2 protein bars and i did 30 minutes of circuit training so i could do another before we go

Replies

• my family and i were planning to go to toby carvery - well actually just my family. i want to go - well actually i have to go, but i dont know what to order, i was thinking turkey and veggies but is the turkey drenched in butter and thereby making it unhealthy , and i think there is sweet potato or swede mash but does that also contain added unhealthy ingredients , what would you order, and also ive already pretty much reached my calories goal for today since i eat 40% of my intake at breakfast ,the other 30% at lunch and 20% as a snack as i usually only have either a small light meal for dinner with a protein shake or 2 protein bars and i did 30 minutes of circuit training so i could do another before we go

http://www.tobycarvery.co.uk/nutrition/
  • 1FearlessFighter
    1FearlessFighter Posts: 114 Member
  • :) you're welcome.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    I don't see what's unhealthy about Carvery? The turkey may be butter basted but it's hardly 'drenched' in it....
  • AbsolutelyAnnie
    AbsolutelyAnnie Posts: 2,695 Member
    Don't stress it. Check out the online menu before you go, make the best choices you can, mind your portion sizes, and enjoy being with your family. Next time you know in advance that you are going out for a meal, plan your day around that so you have enough calories for that meal.

One meal and one day is not going to toss you in a ditch. Try to relax and enjoy yourself. You'll be fine.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Just don't get a Yorkshire or roast potatoes. Nothing wrong with some turkey and veggies. A bit of butter won't kill you! Yum, I like carvery meals!