5:2 fasting

Options
Hi everyone,

I've been reading a lot about the 5:2 fast diet and am interested to know if anyone has tried this, if it had worked or not and how easy or difficult it was. I like the idea of tricking my metabolism but then does it affect how you exercise on fast days too much to be worth it?

Please send me your thoughts!

Nathalie :-)

Replies

• RToland45
    RToland45 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I would like to know the answers too! I am going to begin starting tomorrow.
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    If you search on Groups you will find a couple of groups dedicated on 5.2 diet

I am sure you will find the answers, and any guidance, there
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I do it, the only way I can shift the last few pounds. It is not too hard but you have to find how to make it work for you.
  • 43mmmgoody21
    43mmmgoody21 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Don't think the idea of tricking one's metabolism has any validity but...

while i don't do the 5:2 method i do intermittent fast (every day about 18 -20 hour fast followed by a 4-6 hour eating window).

I have been doing it for about 2 months and i love it because i get to eat huge meals 2 or 3 times a day. I am never hungry while i fast during the morning because of the huge 1000+ calorie meals i eat at about 10:00 at night.

As a bonus, i can always go out for social events and eat "normal".

Remember weight loss (or maintenance, or weight gain) is, and always has been, about calories in vs. calories out. The 5:2 diet provides a way for some to control the amount of calories one puts into their stomach in a week (calories in vs. calories out). While i am no longer on a diet (because i am heading into a bulk), when i was losing fat, i never felt like i was on a diet because of the huge meals.

Good luck
  • Frappleberry
    Frappleberry Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your posts, I'm going to give it a go - 500 calories sounds a bit scary but if I'm busy at work then hopefully I'll be too distracted to notice my hunger plus I'll drink lots of water too! I suppose it's all about experimenting to see if it works, I'll never find out if I don't try!
  • thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Don't think the idea of tricking one's metabolism has any validity but...

while i don't do the 5:2 method i do intermittent fast (every day about 18 -20 hour fast followed by a 4-6 hour eating window).

I have been doing it for about 2 months and i love it because i get to eat huge meals 2 or 3 times a day. I am never hungry while i fast during the morning because of the huge 1000+ calorie meals i eat at about 10:00 at night.

As a bonus, i can always go out for social events and eat "normal".

Remember weight loss (or maintenance, or weight gain) is, and always has been, about calories in vs. calories out. The 5:2 diet provides a way for some to control the amount of calories one puts into their stomach in a week (calories in vs. calories out). While i am no longer on a diet (because i am heading into a bulk), when i was losing fat, i never felt like i was on a diet because of the huge meals.

Good luck
    Very good info.

I, too, have a big meal pretty much every night on my fasting routine. I fast for 24 hour cycles and they start around 7-8pm so I dont go a day without a big tasty meal! The late dinner keeps me fueled nicely and if I get hungry duing the day I know in just a few hours I can have a big time meal!