Cutting to tone up

Options
I am about 6 weeks out from a trip, and I want to cut. I am looking for like minded people to share ideas with. I have lost my weight and am in good condition - I need to interact with those that are looking to get ripped over a short period of time, and are already in good shape.

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    This is how I used to cut up for a show:

I reduced my calories by 100-200 calories a day(not progressively) and slowly started reducing my carbs, but replaced the calories with protein. I kept to a high volume weight training program with moderate cardio (30 minutes) daily. Within 6 weeks I was very close to competition condition.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm right there with you. I've lost my weight and am finishing out reducing my body fat %. I'm then working towards increasing muscle.

Allan
  • Johnplusfour
    Johnplusfour Posts: 105
    Options
    I'm there. was up over 200 where my typical weight is mid 160's. I'm down to 169 but because it's mostly fat I've got a long way to go. I'm not overly concerned about bulking up first like I had been focused on in past years when I was already in shape. I started running a mile with my sons about every other day and need to start some full body training. At least some ab work where i need it most!
  • Johnplusfour
    Options
    If you're looking to try something new that will give anyone a run for their money then try this one that we do in the Marines. Wear sweats to keep in the heat and save your knees and elbows. Go to a soccer/football field, get down on the ground and Without letting your chest come off the grass; crawl the length of the field, all knees and elbows, down and back. Keep your *kitten* down, chest down and no stopping. It'll wear you out quicker than swimming for speed!
  • Johnplusfour
    Options
    Cutting out in my opinion is nothing about what food taste like. It's eating to survive off of the leanest meats e.g. only water tuna and boiled chicken breast, some plain pasta for quick energy, and your supplements. Divide your meals evenly based on your caloric intake requirements throughout the day at 5 or 6 times. 2x a day cardio @ 15-20 minutes per run/swim while maintaining your weight training schedule.