How many days off do you take?

Options
13»

Replies

• Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Generally, it's 1 or 2 days off per week. I actually find that I do better, lose weight more quickly when I exercise less days in a week. I was doing strength training/circuits/cardio 3 days per week with leisurely walking on the weekends and saw more progress than the 3 days per week plus hiking/walking the other 3 or 4 days. So I cut down on the extra days and I find I am more able to 'perform' on the 3 workout days. My muscles hurt less too.
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Doing Starting Strength three days a week. Doing cardio of some kind every day if possible.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    Doing Starting Strength three days a week. Doing cardio of some kind every day if possible.
    I love your avatar pic.
  • HeatherScent37
    HeatherScent37 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I do a bootcamp style workout 3x a week - Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays (it's an iPhone app - I'm just starting out).

But I also have a 9-month old spoodle (or cockapoo) puppy and she doesn't give me a day off! I walk her about 2-4 miles every day, shorter walks on my bootcamp days. And then we get home from a 5K and she brings me the ball to throw for half an hour. I wish I had her metabolism!
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I usually take 1 day a week off