Whey protein recommendations?

Options
Hi all... I've been using GNC's AMP Performance Whey Protein in Vanilla. It's 95 calories a scoop. It's pretty expensive (I think) and I go through it really fast. I add a scoop to fruit smoothies and it gives me more endurance during my workouts. I'm looking for a comparable product inVanilla flavor that isn't higher in calories but perhaps costs less. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks!

Replies

• vorgas
    vorgas Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Many grocery stores now sell whey protein in their health/diet section. It's pretty easy to find stuff that's got the same protein to calorie ratio as AMP, usually for a lot less.
  • hemlock2010
    hemlock2010 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I like Now Foods Whey Protein Isolate. I get it online for $54 for 5lbs. I've tried several, and this is by far my favorite.
  • HappyQuella
    HappyQuella Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I love Jay Robb's whey protein. The chocolate is my favorite, but the vanilla and strawberry are yummy too! I haven't tried his other flavors. It's 110 cals for a 30g scoop and there's 25g of protein, 1g of carbs, and no sugar (per scoop). It runs in the mid $20 range and up, depending on the size. My doctor recommended this brand to me a while back and I have really enjoyed it.
  • Mariachicat
    Mariachicat Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!
  • GreatDepression
    GreatDepression Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    My personal favorite are the zero carb/very low carb whey proteins from Isopure. Unfortunately I was foolish and decided to spend my supplement allowance on expensive Shakeology instead of buying more Isopure. Now I'm stuck with an overpriced product that tastes bad.
  • November_Fire
    November_Fire Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    TheProteinWorks shakes are really delicious and don't taste at all like a whey shake. I got Optimum Nutrition gold because 'it tastes great' and it does not. I have to choke it down with black coffee.
  • FireStorm1972
    FireStorm1972 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    Since I'm new to the protein shake seen, I'm trying Body Fortress Whey Isolate from Walmart only 25$ Canadian for 2lbs. 130 calories per scoop and 3g carbs , 30g protein. The Chocolate is great but I heard the vanilla is overly sweet. I'm using after my workouts for recovery.