need friends for support and encouragement

Rubyew
Rubyew Posts: 49 Member
Hi,
I am Tracy. I have lots to lose but after my first week I am still feeling motivated. I would welcome friends.

I am 48 with two children. I am to do 30 mins walking or exercise 6 days a week. 1200 is my calories. Do we eat exercise calories?
:)

Replies

• Rubyew
    Not one reply :(
  • awesomejdad
    awesomejdad Posts: 493 Member
    I sent you a request
  • Hi Tracy,

Some days I will eat the extra calories I earn from exercising. I have noticed that the gym equipment says I have burned less calories than MyFitnessPal gives me credit for so I try not to use them all.

Good Luck,
    Vicki
  • Jodsmission
    Jodsmission Posts: 130 Member
    Sometimes it depends on teh time of day that you post..
    I don't eat back my exercise calories.There are people who will fuss and say that is wrong but I don't find a loss of energy so who cares?
  • HBMairi
    HBMairi Posts: 84 Member
    Hi Tracy,
    feel free to add me. I keep my diary open and shared. I lost my motivation recently, but am starting again, and will be eating clean and exercising/lifting etc. Would love to join you on your journey x

I dont eat exercise calories (I log all my exercise as 1 calorie and focus on getting a certain amount of protein, carbs and fats in my day, which equates to roughly 1300 calories)
  • DeadsAndDoritos
    DeadsAndDoritos Posts: 267 Member
    Hi Tracy,

You can add me. I am also on 1200 but I rarely eat that little. I eat back all of my exercise calories, sometimes more if I feel I need it.
  • p0nytales
    p0nytales Posts: 1
    Hi Tracey,

I have just joined and would like a diet buddy for support and encouragement.

I'm 40 and want to lose about 3 to 4 stone in total. I have already lost 4lb so off to a good start
  • Hi im Fi , I'm 5 days in and looking for some friendly support. I have 5/6 st to lose and am feeling really motivated having always avoided diets! But ive changed my mentality and am thinking of it as healthy eating. I was wondering the same as you Tracey, I'm stuggling to meet my intake as it iswithout the extra that the excersise puts on! Had a cheeky weigh Iin this morning and I apoear to have lost 5lb
  • Short response:

No, you don't eat your exercise calories. A 1200 cal/day limit isn't bad at all. I am working on the same caloric restriction, and I have quite a bit of excess at the end of the day. I don't find myself starving at any point.

Best of wishes. If you do indoor exercise [ie: indoor bike or treadmill, etc..] I recommend finding a television series on Netflix, that way you can watch at any time of day and pause at leisure, and watch an episode per exercise session. A good show will keep your mind occupied while your body goes to work! I've been watching Prison Break. =)

Hope this helps you along.

Fair travels,

--A.
  • Rubyew
    Hello to everyone and thank you for your replies, most helpful.

Good luck to everyone in your journey.

I think am over complicating it and not focusing on the positive.
    I have sent friends request to you all I think!

Thanks again.
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Hi Tracy & welcome! Feel free to add me if you want someone who will share support. I am one of those who eats most of my exercise calories.
  • SynDiet13
    SynDiet13 Posts: 10
    Hello!!!
    I started to add in a quick 10 min or so ab or toning workout in addition to my gym time...look for stuff on youtube it;s like here a fountain of knowledge!!!
  • Cerakoala
    Cerakoala Posts: 2,547 Member
    Hi! Nice to meet you :) Feel free to add me if you would like to motivate or support :) As far as exercise calories I eat back about 50-75% of mine depending on the day. I would probably eat them all back if I knew they were completely accurate lol :) However, I know even my HRM can be off so I aim for eating back about 75% of them :)
  • Hi Tracey,

Feel free to add me. I have just started myself. I have my eating plan open to the public.
  • JenniferAutumn
    JenniferAutumn Posts: 228 Member
    [/quote]

Dead wrong.

Yes eat at least half or all your calories back.

1200 is too low and unnesacary.

You are limiting yourself and whatever made you believe that was the "magic" weight loss number should be shot.
    [/quote]

^^^^^^THIS!

Edited to say for some reason it would not do a quote!
  • focused4health
    focused4health Posts: 154 Member
    Old head but you can add me if you want. Eat back at least half of your calories. An avocado or almonds or a protein smoothie after your work out helps to feed the muscles and help ward off hunger pangs. Eat smart,eat often.:drinker: