Surgery

fitnewlife
fitnewlife Posts: 339 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
I'm scheduled to have foot surgery on January 7, 2011. So that gives me 2 months to shed the last 10-12 lbs that is required of me. I know I'm going to be sedentary for at least a month. No Insanity or running. I have Jilliam Michaels 30 day shred which has some things I'll still be able to do besides the jumping. So I will be able to get in some exerices and I should still be able to do some of the P90X dvds.

In the meantime, what do you guys suggest I do to make sure I reach my goal before surgery?

Replies

• TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    What are you having done? If it is a problem that you are having now, maybe the Insanity will make it worse? Assuming it is an injury now, I'd recommend getting some kickboxing workouts and just doing the upper body movements. I've torn my Patella Tendon and am doing rehab exercise for my knee but I'm keeping up with my upper body weights and cardio through boxing moves while seated. I don't weigh regularly so I can't tell you if I've lost anything on the scale in about 2 months, but I know that in the month since my injury, I've lost inches in my waist because my pants way looser. So, you can definitely keep up with upper body work after surgery (or now if you need to rest that foot). Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.