New & Improved

Hi, everyone!

I just joined MFP last night. I have struggled with gaining and losing weight pretty much my entire life. I have tried various different diets and techniques, but nothing seems to work. I'm hoping that I see some success with this site and the people within it. I do much better when I have support from other people and none of my friends right now are dieting or really very supportive of weight loss. I'm 26, almost 27 and just tired of not liking what I see when I look in the mirror.

I think my biggest vice is sweets. I want them all day, every day. I drink plenty of water, though. I am also going to be tracking my measurements, as to not run my life by the scale.

Please stop by and friend me or give me any advice you might have! I look forward to meeting you all!

Replies

• 87Djones
    87Djones Posts: 145 Member
    Welcome
    I know what you mean about sweets. I manage to reduce the amount of sweets I eat by replacing my craving with fruits like plums, grapes, berries and etc. I still do eat cookies and chocolate at least one or two times a week as part of a reward system. For example if I complete my goal of running 15 miles for the week ill treat myself to a piece of dark chocolate bar.
  • Frappleberry
    Frappleberry Posts: 251 Member
    One piece of dark chocolate - wow, that's some willpower! :-)