regain weight after rapid loss

Options

Replies

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    i trained a lot in that mounth and i dont think that its water loss i drink about 8 liters of water a day i am having a 600 calorie diet per day and run 2 hours every day
    Oh my goodness, 600 calories is too few, especially with running two hours a day. Why did you cut calories so drastically? Are you under a doctor's care?
  • AliSayed17
    AliSayed17 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    hey all i have lost 44 lbs in a month !!! no misreading its a fact and now i dont want to lose weight any more so want a way to maintain my weight after such a rabid loss
  • AliSayed17
    Options
    no misreading its 44 lbs 20 kg in about 33 days
  • AliSayed17
    Options
    yes i am under a doctor care i was on 1000 calorie diet but for some circumstances i wanted to lose weight quickly so for the last 2 weeks i changed it to 600 calories i am feeling very healthy you know what i am running this regime while studying very hard as i am taking the finals exams now
  • AliSayed17
    Options
    i trained a lot in that mounth and i dont think that its water loss i drink about 8 liters of water a day i am having a 600 calorie diet per day and run 2 hours every day
    Oh my goodness, 600 calories is too few, especially with running two hours a day. Why did you cut calories so drastically? Are you under a doctor's care?
    yes i am under a doctor care i was on 1000 calorie diet but for some circumstances i wanted to lose weight quickly so for the last 2 weeks i changed it to 600 calories i am feeling very healthy you know what i am running this regime while studying very hard as i am taking the final exams now
  • AliSayed17
    Options
    Do you mean 4.4 pounds?
    44- 20kg
  • AliSayed17
    Options
    for those how say its a water loss i drink from 6 to 8 liters of water daily ! could it be water loss ?
  • AliSayed17
    Options
    note : 4 years ago i was super healthy i was a soccer player with an excellent body
  • AliSayed17
    Options
    Unfortunately, if you did lose 44 lbs in a month, alot of it would be muscle and some water weight. Were you ill? Were you not eating at all? Generally speaking, it is impossible for the body to lose 44 lbs of fat weight in a month. The safe rate of weight loss is 2 pounds per week maximum, or 8 pounds per month. That allows you to keep your muscle for the most part while losing fat.
    Being that you more than likely lost alot of muscle, your metabolism is now lower than what it was, which will make it easier for you to gain weight. I would say that what your family/friends are telling you is correct, there is a high chance you will gain all of the weight back--and some more on top of that.
    If I were you, I would seek the advice of a nutritionist, and also see your Dr to get a checkup and be sure that healthwise you are ok after losing an unreasonable amount of weight so quickly. Good luck to you.
    for those how say its a water loss i drink from 6 to 8 liters of water daily ! could it be water loss ?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    At 600 calories a day, you lost a hell of a lot of lean muscle mass.
  • AliSayed17
    Options
    At 600 calories a day, you lost a hell of a lot of lean muscle mass.
    any advises ? what should i do now ?
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    yes i am under a doctor care i was on 1000 calorie diet but for some circumstances i wanted to lose weight quickly so for the last 2 weeks i changed it to 600 calories i am feeling very healthy you know what i am running this regime while studying very hard as i am taking the final exams now

You need to start eating again --especially protein.
    And you need to check in with that doctor to let him/ her know that you modified the plan all on your own.

Some of it is water loss -- that is always the case with quick weight loss.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    How? I'm asking completely honestly right now - how did you eat 600 calories a day and run 2 hours and not pass out?

For goodness sake man, I eat 600 calories before 10am!!!
  • AliSayed17
    Options

And you need to check in with that doctor to let him/ her know that you modified the plan all on your own.

will that weight me up again ?
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Fyi- In case anyone is wondering, why I can't just take off the weight fast, in 1 month now... I WISH that I could still lose weight that fast, but I can't anymore. I was super healthy in NY, moved to GA, where, unbeknownst to me, I was exposed, for a long time, to lots of toxic chemicals, heavy metals, pesticides, mercury, black mold and Candida, that made me quite sick and I gained 50 lbs in only 3 months...and I kept on gaining, no matter what I did or ate, or even if I exercised... Nightmare! I used to be very active and these toxins make me nauseaus and exhausted, every day, in addition to the awful weight gain. :embarassed: Just diagnosed and it is extremely difficult to take any weight off now, for a variety of reasons. So, please don't take your good health for granted. :bigsmile: And, if you are having a really hard time taking off your weight, for no apparent reason, you may have what I have. :angry: It took me a LONG time to figure it out... :ohwell: Good luck everybody! :flowerforyou:

All those environmental toxins in one place? I'm going to suggest you are being scammed by a "naturopath". Candidiasis? Not buying it.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

will that weight me up again ?

If you learn to eat properly and increase slowly: No
    If you eat with abandon: Yes

Do you understand that 600 cals long term will likely be an issue to assure proper nutrition?

(how do you know that you are only eating 600 cals?)
  • HIITMe
    HIITMe Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, there's no way anyone can tell me they lost 44 (or 30) pounds in a month. I have lost 10 pounds in a month & my nutritionist & doctor kept asking me if I was okay (I also stopped losing for about 6 weeks afterward). OP you should really go to your doctor to make sure ecerything is okay. Just to put your mind at ease. Best of luck!

not impossible... the bigger you are, the easier it comes off initially.... when I was nearly 300 pounds, I lost 1- 1.5 pounds a day when I first began to work out.... it eventually leveled off and the closer I got to normal BMI, losing a half pound a week became difficult....
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    There is very good chance you will gain a significant amount of that weight back, you lost too much too quick, you are going to gain some water weight, muscle, and fat back once you get back to a normal diet. That's the problem with losing that much that quick, your starve your body to get quick results, just to put it back on, and be at a place you would have been if you had just done a slow gradual deficit. A lot of times they way you are doing can lead to eating disorders as well. Also your doctor put you on a 1000 calorie supervised diet (well I hope) not a 600 calorie diet, and there is a reason for that. It already sounds like you might be going towards the ED.
  • AliSayed17
    Options
    well i have booked an appointment with my doctor in 2 days , i will inform you with the results
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Do you mean 4.4 pounds?
    44- 20kg

Studying and rapid weight loss. Amphetamines per chance?