Workout for Someone Who Can't go outside for now??

Options
I don't want to take days off from working out so I am going to stick in out and work out inside. I usually burn around 475 cals running each day. What indoor workout can help me match my daily calorie burn? Thanks!

Replies

• PinkCoconut
    PinkCoconut Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Depends on how much time you have to work out - one of my favourite at-home workout programs is Turbo Fire. It's high intensity but lots of fun and I can burn over 700 calories in the 60 minute class!

Feel free to friend me if you want more info - I don't want to write a novel about it and I can if you get me going I love it so much! Ha!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    jumping rope for ten minutes can be the equivalent of running an 8 minute mile.
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    There are so many bodyweight exercises you can do. Jump rope is great. Other cardio things like jump squats, mountain climbers, etc. You can make your own 40 minute program just using ideas from so many websites and change it up every day if you wish.
  • bkthandler
    bkthandler Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Your public library may have workout DVDs for you to try without buying them first to give them a try. Kickboxing (like Pink Coconuts suggested with TurboFire) can be some of the best cardio.

Also ask friends if they have any laying around...many people get lured into infomercial workouts and discover they don't like them.
  • hmadrone
    hmadrone Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    There are lots of exercise videos on youtube. I've been test-driving ultra low impact aerobics over there while I heal a knee injury. Love TurboFire in other times, Kathy Smith's Beachbody workouts, and now Billy Blank's Tae Bo.