visceral vs. subcutaneous fat

Options
This is kind of an odd question and I am not sure if this is the correct message board to ask, but....

I am apple shaped and have lost over 60 lbs. The smallest part of my waist has gone down to about 32, but the area over my belly button is about 40" and I still have a round stomach in that area (but it has gone down).

When I lie down though - flat - as in on a bench at the gym, or floor, or bed, my stomach looks flat. It is like the bubble goes into my body because of gravity. How odd this sounds, I know.

Would that possibly suggest that I have lost my visceral fat - since I now have room for gravity to move my "fat bubble" into my body?

:laugh: :laugh:

Replies

• Frappleberry
    Frappleberry Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Your body shape sounds like it was similar to my current shape and I have also been thinking a lot about visceral fat. I think it my be the subcutaneous fat you have lost as the visceral fat is the deep fat that is beneath the subcutaneous fast so more difficult to lose.
    However I would hope that maybe you've lost a bit of both! Regardless, 60lbs is a fantastic achievement, well done!