Addicted to pizza

Options

Replies

• SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    Try making healthy versions of pizza.

I love using whole grain tortilla as a crust. Try making a cauliflower pizza crust. I've even used only egg whites to make a "pizza" crust. Top them with lots of veggies and lean meat and light on the cheese.

or if you want the real stuff make a whole pizza and cut it into the single slices. wrap the slices up individually and freeze them.
    Congratulations. You have officially provided the worst recipe of the thread.

substituting whole wheat or worse, cauliflower, for pizza crust is akin to replacing chocolate with carob. It's wrong. Just very wrong.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to pizza too!!! Pizza's were 50% off this week-end at Papa John's, so I just ate 2 slices & made it a cheat meal :wink:

24flk6q.gif
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    I'd be more concerned about the sodium :tongue:
    I drink plenty of water.

My last physical was clear.
    Resting blood pressure 98/50
    Resting heart rate 46 bpm

No, I meant *I* would be more concerned about the sodium. :tongue: I'm already hypertensive.

I do miss pizza. Used to be a twice-a-week dinner in my house. I can handle the calories, it's the glut glut glut of salt I can't.
    I'm looking to start making my own dough at home.
  • ghouliejulie85
    ghouliejulie85 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Story of my life, I love pizza! I used to eat it practically every week, but now i've limited myself to only having it every now and then. I can't cut it out completely, but I sure watch how much of it I eat
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    I have a confession to make. I think I'm addicted to pizza.

I have been eating pizza at least 3-4 times per week. Am I doomed????

Help.

try thin sliced pizza over deep dish... try making your own pizza at home using pizza sauce in a bottle and whole wheat flour tortillas or whole wheat pitas ("pitza") and look up recipes on how to bake them. Only use fresh veggies as toppings versus meat toppings unless its fat free ham or fat free turkey breast or lean chicken. good luck! Pretty much skip the takeout pizza unless its health food gourmet style place...... try california pizza kitchen they have a wide variety of options with thin crust.

Fat free meat has no place near pizza.. well it has no place anywhere but please no... Skip takeout pizza??? I would put my local pizza place out of business if I did that. For the economy I must fit it into my day
    Fat free meat fortunately does not exist.

Now I need some pizza.
  • Luv2Smile55
    Luv2Smile55 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    You're cool as long as the crust is made from cauliflower. :drinker:

Just reading this makes me feel like gagging :sick: Don't get me wrong, I love cauliflower but it was NEVER meant to be a good substitute for any pizza crust. :noway:
  • sunburntgalaxy
    sunburntgalaxy Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I had pizza for dinner tonight - 1/2 of a CPK habanero carnitas pizza - it is so spicy that I can't eat more then 1/2 without burning my face off. That way I don't get tempted to eat the other half (until tomorrow). Not something I do all the time but it is fine every once in a while. Better than craving it and overindulging in something else instead.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to pizza too!!! Pizza's were 50% off this week-end at Papa John's, so I just ate 2 slices & made it a cheat meal :wink:

Papa Johns? Ew.
  • cheesevixen_staci
    cheesevixen_staci Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I love pizza too, but I stopped buying it at the store because it just wasn't as good as if I made or ordered it. I suggest if you are intent on losing weight while eating pizza. Only eat pizza for your calories. Sure you'll be unhealthy to boot, but the choice is yours. The second choice being that you just eat it less. Maybe go down to once a week. That day have it for breakfast lunch and dinner if you like as long as you are in your calories goals. Work down from that and I know you can do it. I also liked that idea of making it yourself with healthier ingredients.
  • Chloeshade
    Chloeshade Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Oh my god, this thread needs to stop. I have never craved pizza so much in my life.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Thanks to this thread I'm having pizza for breakfast tomorrow (got some premade 7" crusts). Really need to start making my own dough though, to try and make it as thin as I can (really because that's the way I like it... thin and crispy).
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Try making healthy versions of pizza.

I love using whole grain tortilla as a crust. Try making a cauliflower pizza crust. I've even used only egg whites to make a "pizza" crust. Top them with lots of veggies and lean meat and light on the cheese.

or if you want the real stuff make a whole pizza and cut it into the single slices. wrap the slices up individually and freeze them.
    tumblr_mntiolhySW1snpc3lo4_r1_500.gif
  • cheesevixen_staci
    cheesevixen_staci Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I love pizza too, but I stopped buying it at the store because it just wasn't as good as if I made or ordered it. I suggest if you are intent on losing weight while eating pizza. Only eat pizza for your calories. Sure you'll be unhealthy to boot, but the choice is yours. The second choice being that you just eat it less. Maybe go down to once a week. That day have it for breakfast lunch and dinner if you like as long as you are in your calories goals. Work down from that and I know you can do it. I also liked that idea of making it yourself with healthier ingredients.
    Please enlighten me.

Will I not be able to lose the weight if I keep eating pizza like I do?
    How will I be unhealthy?

Maybe the mixture of 1/2 cookies and cream 1/2 chocolate gelato I just had wasn't a good idea either?

say you have a calorie goal of 1200
    the pizza you like is 200 calories
    only eat 6 slices of pizza the entire day. 2 slices for breakfast/lunch/dinner
    1200\200= 6
    It's unhealthy because your body can not perform the best it could if you had put those calories into healthier food options during the day.You'll probably have a heart attack if you did this every single day. One day a week MAYBE but no further...in fact...start walking backwards.
  • jrniven
    jrniven Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Here is my homemade pizza. Take some whole grain, natural, gluten free, sprouted flat bread, low fat cheese, and pesto for sauce. Take those items and throw them in the trash bin.

Then pick up your phone and call the pizza place for delivery. Eat and enjoy.
  • Brumhilda
    Brumhilda Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I love pizza, its my favorite food. I always make sure it fits in my calorie goal for the day. If I get a craving for it than I make a "fake" pizza with slice of eggplant as base, then make as normal
  • AJ_G
    Options
    Please enlighten me.

Will I not be able to lose the weight if I keep eating pizza like I do?
    How will I be unhealthy?

Maybe the mixture of 1/2 cookies and cream 1/2 chocolate gelato I just had wasn't a good idea either?

say you have a calorie goal of 1200
    the pizza you like is 200 calories
    only eat 6 slices of pizza the entire day. 2 slices for breakfast/lunch/dinner
    1200\200= 6
    It's unhealthy because your body can not perform the best it could if you had put those calories into healthier food options during the day.You'll probably have a heart attack if you did this every single day. One day a week MAYBE but no further...in fact...start walking backwards.

What are you talking about? He's eating pizza, and he's fitting it into his calories, macros, and micros for the day. How exactly is that unhealthy???
  • AJ_G
    Options
    Here is my homemade pizza. Take some whole grain, natural, gluten free, sprouted flat bread, low fat cheese, and pesto for sauce. Take those items and throw them in the trash bin.

Then pick up your phone and call the pizza place for delivery. Eat and enjoy.

2w2ij5t.gif